Strange line at bottom of TV screen (1 Viewer)

robby3

Portal Pro
April 9, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue
Windows Version: Vista64
CPU Type: AMD 4250e 2.1GHz
HDD: Seagate 7200.80
Memory: 2GB DDR800, CL6
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Video Card: ATI HD3200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.9
Sound Card: Realtek
Sound Card AC3: HDMI
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage 4000 S2 (in server)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppage NOVA S2 (in server)
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC19
Cooling: none
Power Supply: external
Remote: MCP compatible USB IR Remote
TV: Philips Cineos LCD 52"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Since I've installed MP I notice this strange small line at the bottom of the TV screen. No matter what codec or paning scaling I use this line is there. Even when playing recordings the line is there. It is not when playing DVDs or any Videos so it must have something to do with the TV mode. I made some screenshots and also enlarged the part where the line starts. It is not always at the same place and may depend on the channel somehow.

Balken2_MP.jpg

Balken3_MP.jpg

Any ideas what the problem might be ?

Thanks
Rob

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can confirm this, it does not appear hardware related as user on ATI and i'm using Nvidia graphics, also change codecs\renderer to another has no effect (PDVD8 and MS codec, VMR9 and EVR).

Checks done using Vista32, will try and check against xp later.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    99% sure its the broadcaster. I have similar line on few channels on top of the channel and its happening also on the settop box (and any other video player).

Actually thats a small bug when it comes to broadcasters. Some channels have much bigger issues on their video feeds (dunno if they have any QA).

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    99% sure its the broadcaster. I have similar line on few channels on top of the channel and its happening also on the settop box (and any other video player).

Hard to prove for me as TV compensates, but have seen that one pixel line of information on other TV's (looks like a mini line of rainbow colours at bottom of screen), so maybe this is the translation for it.

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Same under XP SP2 and 3 on other monitors or TV's and graphic cards. I noticed that this behaviour seems to belong to broadcasts in 16:9 (format in MP set to "Normal"). Starsky&Hatch and Knigh Rider episodes currently broadcasted do not show this 2 pixel line while CSI Miami eposides do. I also checked with ASTRA HD and did not see that line so far. Also on the Settop-Box that is on the same Sat-Switch as the two Hauppage cards do not shows this line.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Same under XP SP2 and 3 on other monitors or TV's and graphic cards. I noticed that this behaviour seems to belong to broadcasts in 16:9 (format in MP set to "Normal"). Starsky&Hatch and Knigh Rider episodes currently broadcasted do not show this 2 pixel line while CSI Miami eposides do. I also checked with ASTRA HD and did not see that line so far. Also on the Settop-Box that is on the same Sat-Switch as the two Hauppage cards do not shows this line.

If yo want to make sure its MP issue then make a .ts recording an play it with VLC. If the issues shows up its broadcasters fault.

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I copied over an episode from Heroes from the server and played it with Rules player (just plays everything). Infact, the very same line is there but very small, almost not noticeable. It is visible when stretched for full size video on the PC but much less than with MP. It seems that the behaviour is enhanced somehow when played with MP. On the smaller MP video the behaviour can be seen much better even the video is smaller. Somehow when playing it with MP the behaviour is much more visible.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I copied over an episode from Heroes from the server and played it with Rules player (just plays everything). Infact, the very same line is there but very small, almost not noticeable. It is visible when stretched for full size video on the PC but much less than with MP. It seems that the behaviour is enhanced somehow when played with MP. On the smaller MP video the behaviour can be seen much better even the video is smaller. Somehow when playing it with MP the behaviour is much more visible.

Could be different deinterlace mode that makes it more visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom