Strange Skin Display (blue3wide) (1 Viewer)

apoptygma

Portal Pro
November 14, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
One machine we're running moving pictures on looks like this:

Anyone seen this before? Every other machine I install on looks like this:

(yes I realise this is blue3 not blue3wide)

I think I just reposted sorry, https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-after-few-runs-mp-skin-layout-changes-58771/ seems to be the same issue. looks like missing skin files is the culprit :)

Yea I just confirmed all this by deleting the skin files and then replacing them and clearing the cache. feel free to delete this pointless thread :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The first image is our Blue3Wide skin which, beginning with 0.7.1, can be optionally installed (on by default) in your Blue3Wide skin by the installer. This is a fairly new skin so it has only been available for about a month or so. The second screen shot is the generic skin which is optionally installed for all skins not supporting Moving Pictures (formerly this included Blue3Wide). If you would prefer to use the Generic Skin with Blue3Wide (or any other skin for that matter) you can manually install it by simply copying the generic skin files to the appropriate skin folder. To get a copy of the generic skin files, just download the ZIP file rather than the installer for Moving Pictures from our downloads page.

apoptygma

Portal Pro
November 14, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
So selecting the options like this

will give the appearance shown in the second screenshot, and checking the middle box will give the skin shown in the first screenshot which is predominantly blue and hides a lot of the background art is that correct?

Having said all that, Is there plans for the non-wide version of the non-generic skin? the thumbnails view is nice. I can't say I'm a fan of the way the background is partially obscured in list view though. Either all blue-filtered or none looks much nicer

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Like fforde said, you need to grab the ZIP version of the plugin, not the installer.
Then copy the generic skinfiles over to your preferred skin folder.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If you have generic skin support checked, it will install the generic skin only for skins that do not have any moving pictures skin files. So this means that if you have already installed the Blue3Wide Moving Pictures skin files, they will not be overwritten by the generic skin. If you want to overwrite them, you need to copy them from the ZIP file on the downloads page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom