strange stop button behavior (1 Viewer)

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a strange problem since I'm using MP1.0 final

The stop button on my remote doesn't stop playback, it switches to the skin's basic home screen!

I'm using an Imon remote, which has the 'B' key programmed on the stop button. According to MP settings under general, this is the playback stop function.

I didn't have this problem in RC4. The strange thing is that the remote and the imo-file hasn't been changed by me after updating to version 1.0. It used to work fine.

So basically, my remote stop button is behaving like the 'H' key.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    just a guess,ut check the case of the "B" you have mapped.

From memory, one is basic home and the other is stop.
    Just remember that the button mappings are case sensitive.

Cheers,
    Marcus.

henk99

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good idea, but no, it was not the problem. Also when trying either 'b' or 'B' on the keyboard, it doesn't stop playback, it also jumps back to basic home.

Is it a new keyboard layout in this version of MP? Is stop playback under another key now?

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi,

DId you find a solution to this? I find that in any playback, pressing stop on the iMon remote sends you to the Basic Home Screen, which I dont use. I then have to press 'home' to go to my normal home screen again.

It's not a major problem, just an annoyance.

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Found a solution

HI,

Not sure if you managed to fix this, but I found a solution, and the probable cause of the problem. I was using iMon and Shortcutter plugin, which were conflicting. When pressing STOP on the iMon remote, it sends the command 'b' to MP. Shortcutter also had 'b' mapped to 'Basic Home'. It was therefore stopping the playback, and then sending 'b' again, which sent it to basic home. I removed the mapping from Shortcutter for Basic HOme, and problem went away.

Hope this helps in your case - I guess if you followed one of the forum guides on getting the iMon to work with Shortcutter, you may also have the same setup.

henk99

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HI,

Not sure if you managed to fix this, but I found a solution, and the probable cause of the problem. I was using iMon and Shortcutter plugin, which were conflicting. When pressing STOP on the iMon remote, it sends the command 'b' to MP. Shortcutter also had 'b' mapped to 'Basic Home'. It was therefore stopping the playback, and then sending 'b' again, which sent it to basic home. I removed the mapping from Shortcutter for Basic HOme, and problem went away.

Hope this helps in your case - I guess if you followed one of the forum guides on getting the iMon to work with Shortcutter, you may also have the same setup.

Hi,

I was just going to email you this solution. I found it a few weeks ago, but I failed to update my foum question with the info. I was now browsing topics in the forum, when I saw your reply.
    I finally found the exact same thing. Thanks for your reply though. I'm sure it will help others.

I have other issues now. I can't get my harmony 555 to properly act like an imon pad :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom