Stream VLC playlist to IPTV Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it possible to stream files playing in VLC to the IPTV interface in mediaportal?
    If yes; can somebody point me in the right direction. i allrdy tried making a stream; and it plays sorta in Mediaplayer classic thru UDP; but mediaportal says no channels found.

Any help would be appriciated.

maybe RTSP is possible?

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Stream VLC playlist to IPTV Mediaportal

I'm not sure if this will ever work. But I know that you have to keep in mind that

• Only upd is supported with MP IPTV
    • The stream must be encoded in mpeg2 or h.264
    • You must stream it as an transport stream (ts)

The problem is, that the MP TV-Server only works with DVB compliant streams. I don't know if vlc can do that. I think without pid, vid and all the other DVB stuff you won't get it to work.

Stepko

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thx for the reply; i got it to work one time; looked pretty nice; but after that only but buffer errors. Going to try some different setups.. Just playing around :)

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    I'm interested in if you made any progress. If so, how is your setup? All the details if you would please.

Kindest regards,

Kjartan

pilotedge

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Has anyone got this to work? Creating a RTSP stream transcoding to TS is easy enough and the resulting stream plays in other players, and I have created an m3u playlist with the target address, but I am getting "no-signal".
    I am trying to get the signal from my IP camera into TV Server. Unfortunately is it a password protected http .asf stream, so I am trying to transcode it through VLC. I've found a few other posts similar but I can't find anyone that has cracked it.... yet!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom