Streamed MP v0.3.270 - MediaPortal 1.0 Ready (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Current Release v0.3.270

Ok since Mediaportal 1.0 is here we thought we should have another release of Streamed MP so here it is.

We have worked out most of the bugs in the TV Section thanks to Losttown who is now a project member. So a big thanks to him.

A big thanks goes to fforde, we have used code from moving pictures that allows fading of the backdrops in the series page in TV series, which looks really nice! This will be added in a later release of Moving Pictures (0.7 I believe). So once again thanks fforde as we have kind of stolen your thunder:D

We have ironed out most of the bugs that have been reported by users.

I have also added myyoutube support although it needs a little polish and may be a little buggy.

Ltfearme has done some great work with tvseries and there are some nice additions along with fading backdrops there have been some nice list view additions:) There are now watched and unwatched icons in list view as shown below.

TVSeries New.jpg

Users will need to import the new TvSeries Format Rules included with the release to support this.

The menu generator is now extremely easy to use thanks to Ltfearme, a screenshot is shown below. Users can now add the Play DVD shortcut to the main menu. Tourettes Arcsoft player plugin for Bluray and HDDVD is also supported.

menu generator.jpg

Now for the bad news:(

There have been some changes added to Mediaportal just before the MP 1.0 release, these changes cause many visibility bugs within TVSeries. Ive been able to skin around a couple but the worst one is something I cannot fix though skinning.

Basically after playing a tv episode the season cover and layout will be on the episode page behind the episode thumb screenshot show below.

tvseries error.jpg

I'll upload a core.dll shortly that fixes this problem BUT it may cause other problems, this fix won't be added to Mediaportal as they say that it may cause other issues. So don't make any bug reports using this core.dll.

Here are the important links

Streamed MP Home Page
Streamed MP Gallery
MP-TVSeries Setup Guide

Download StreamedMP 0.3.270

Contributors

Basically you have

spuck
ltfearme
losttown
Myself

To thank for this skin, and also Team Razorfish over at XBMC for first creating this skin

A big thanks also goes out to revs & darre who helped to test this skin at its various stages and provided valuable feedback.

Come across a Bug

As mentioned this is a beta so there will be bugs, your feedback will be much appreciated, please read this thread before submitting any bugs to the tracker. (shamelessly ripped from fforde:oops:)

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Awesome, thanks for the update! Does this release of StreamedMP include v0.6.3 of MovingPictures?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just so you all know to get that extra information about watched/unwatched flags in TVSeries textlist views you need to delete your old formatting rules and Import the new ones as part of this release.

Also, the TVSeries view setup for Series / Season has changed slightly which uses these new rules. See the attached picture as the wiki has not been updated yet.

SeriesCol2 and SeasonCol2 formatting rules define the Watched/UnWatched values in the last column. You can tweak the number of spaces between the values by removing the space characters or adding space characters to the rule. You can also play with the following functions:

PrettyNumber10() -> This formats a number to a 2 digit string padding left with zeros e.g. 5 becomes 05
    PrettyNumber100() -> This formats a number to a 3 digit string padding left with zeros e.g. 5 becomes 005
    PrettyNumber10S() -> This formats a number to a 2 digit string padding left with space characters
    PrettyNumber100S() -> This formats a number to a 2 digit string padding left with space characters

Note: the font used for the watched/unwatched values column are not a fixed width, so the usage of space characters (PrettyNumber100S) here may not align 100%.

If you think there is too much information in the Series/Season list view simple remove the corresponding entry in the ViewSettings e.g. If you dont want to display the total number of Episodes to the left of the Watched/UnWatched Flags in Series list, blank out the SeriesCol3 in Series View Settings. (Yes I know its confusing, Col3 is really displayed as Col2 in the GUI)

Attachments

• TVSeriesSetup.jpg
      TVSeriesSetup.jpg
      85.4 KB
    • FormattingRule.jpg
      FormattingRule.jpg
      59.4 KB
    • TVSeriesFomattingExplained.jpg
      TVSeriesFomattingExplained.jpg
      301.5 KB

hermy65

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    i must be handicapped right now, but i cant seem to figure out how to get the list view in tvseries with this version...i have followed everything in the setup guide.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i must be handicapped right now, but i cant seem to figure out how to get the list view in tvseries with this version...i have followed everything in the setup guide.

Did you enable 'Text' in Series\Season View Settings within the TVSeries configuration?

Damien

wkwapil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2008
    192.168.x.x
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sry if someone asked this before....
    When will StreamedMP support 4TheRecord ?
    tia

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    sry if someone asked this before....
    When will StreamedMP support 4TheRecord ?
    tia

There is no specific date planned, but from this release there will be more concentration on 3rd party plugins.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom