Streamed MP v1.0 RC1 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Its HIGHLY recommended that you Install MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 or above and install plugins included with this package.

If you are planning on Upgrading from a previous version of mediaportal e.g. 1.0.2 or 1.1.0 Alpha and you currently have an older version of StreamedMP installed, be sure to uninstall StreamedMP before upgrading to MediaPortal 1.1.0RC1. This is because MP1.1.0RC1 installer uninstalls older versions if found. This is just as a pre-caution, StreamedMP should be able to repair itself if needed.

If you have MediaPortal 1.1.0RC and StreamedMP already installed, then you can simply launch the new installer and it will upgrade from previous versions.

Note: The upgrade currently does not support migration of previous custom items on BasicHome screen. Users who previously customized BasicHome should re-enter the Editor and add them again after Installation. Custom BasicHome screen created in this version will support upgrades going forward.

IMPORTANT NOTE
    We have discovered an issue with the Infoservice plugin included with this release. This will effect users who have first done a clean install of MP1.1RC prior to installing the skin and have configured Weather in MediaPortal Configuration - MediaPortal will crash on startup in this case.

Work around is to disable Weather in the InfoService plugin, start MP and navigate to the weather screen, let this refresh. Exit MediaPortal and re-enable Weather in Infoservice plugin - MediaPortal should now run as normal.

Download StreamedMP 1.0 RC1
    Other useful links:

Change Log:
    COMING SOON!!

Package also includes updated plugin libraries:

* MovingPictures: v1.0.4
    * TVSeries: v2.5.1
    * MyTrailers: v2.0.5
    * InfoService: v1.5.0
    * MyLyrics.dll: v1.42.0
    * Music Search: v1.7.0
    * WebBrowser: v0.5.0
    * FanartHandler: v1.5

Editor Update

An error was found in the menu Editor included with this release, an exception is generated when saving an item after editing the single Image folder, this has been fixed and an updated editor can download HERE

Contributors

ltfearme
    losttown
    trevor

Also retired team members mattsk88/spuck, and Team Razorfish over at XBMC for first creating this skin

A big thanks also goes out to the rest of the rest of the community who helped to test this skin at its various stages, provided valuable feedback and also fix any issues above.

Come across a Bug

Any bugs found or feedback will be much appreciated, please read this thread before submitting any bugs to the tracker.

Please DO NOT report problems unless you are using the latest MediaPortal release v1.1.0RC1 or greater.

Gallery
    COMING SOON!!

Rijnton

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: Streamed MP RC v1.0.0 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1]

Great new Damien.
    Before installing I have 2 (hopefully not too stupid) questions:
    1) What if I have all the (right versions of the) plugins already installed ?
    2) Wiil/does the Aeon mod work ? If yes, will I have to apply it again afterwards ?

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

thanks for the release, works fine.
    did a clean mp rc1 installation and upon startup mp crashes.
    seems to be the infoservice weather plugin when no weather data has been downloaded before.

deactivating weather in infoservice setup, starting mp and going into "weather" downloads weather data (for the first time).
    after that i activated weather in the infoservice plugin again and everything worked fine.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

The menu editor still give me the Unhandled Exception "Out Of Memory" I have want to setup default a background image from a folder with only 2 images in it.

Emph

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal

Sorry to ask, but now i'm confuse.
    What is the correct order to do a clean installation.
    Is this:

MP + SAF + TVSeries + MovingPictures + Streamep MP ?

Or is this way:

MP + SAF + Streamep MP + TVSeries + MovingPictures ?

My question is, the skin is previous ou after que plugins?

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

tv series and moving pictures is included in streamed mp, so no need to install them manually...
    so you should be fine with mp + saf + streamedmp.

Theydon Bois

Portal Member
    February 20, 2008

thanks for the release, works fine.
    did a clean mp rc1 installation and upon startup mp crashes.
    seems to be the infoservice weather plugin when no weather data has been downloaded before.

deactivating weather in infoservice setup, starting mp and going into "weather" downloads weather data (for the first time).
    after that i activated weather in the infoservice plugin again and everything worked fine.

My installation also started crashing shortly after loading and I suspected it had something to do with the weather. My details as follows:

Existing MP1.1 installation with Streamed 0.9
    Ran Streamed 1.0
    Created my menu style including download various arts
    Ran Media Portal, all was ok.
    Noticed that I had no weather, and through MP Configuration, added London, UK.
    Started MP, and it crashes shortly afterwards, "..mp has stopped respoding" - if you close this window, then MP closes itself and you are returned to the desktop. A reboot did not cure this.
    As MacGuyver above, I went back into MP Configuration, removed London as my weather location.
    Ran MP, no crashes, all worked ok, and going to the weather tab, find that London still exists (ie it is not giving me blank data)

Hope all that helps!

And thanks for a fantastic update! Highly customisable, with background images and loading images that can be changed? Fantastic. :D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

1) What if I have all the (right versions of the) plugins already installed ?
    Thanks ok, just leave the plugins selected in StreamedMP installation. if its the same version installed it just increments a reference count so when the skin is uninstalled it wont uninstall the plugins you had previously already had installed.
    If you had old plugins installed, then it upgrades them. If you have newer plugins installed then it leaves them alone.

2) Wiil/does the Aeon mod work ? If yes, will I have to apply it again afterwards ?
    Try the new editor first, you can choose horizontal menu style if you want. Im not sure if the Aeon menu editor is ready yet to be applied to StreamedMp 1.0

The menu editor still give me the Unhandled Exception "Out Of Memory" I have want to setup default a background image from a folder with only 2 images in it.
    I couldn't reproduce this with the Pictures menu item which has 2 images by default. Perhaps there is more steps your leaving out.

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Streamed MP RC v1.0.0 [05 Mar 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC1]

hi ltfearme

i have the same issue,if i edit the items in the basichome editor,if i put new items in my Menu is already ok or if i delete the old items and add them to return is also ok.

I can see in the debugger popUp "Cannot find the folder "animations". I specified the folder manually, but I still get the same error!!! I hope i can help you a little bit with my statement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom