Streamed MP V1.4.11.2543 Complete Instability - Memory Leak (1 Viewer)

Redgie

Portal Member
February 5, 2010
Hi there,

Been using StreamedMP for a while now and it's been great. But with the latest version I have a number of problems:

1. Sometimes MediaPortal crashes before fully loading
2. Sometimes MediaPortal crashes the entire PC (No task manager access - Requires Hard Reboot) during playback of TV series
3. Clicking "My TV Series" results in a 30 second lag followed by a screen declaring I have 0 TV series (Running Import finds nothing)
4. Clicking "My Films" results in a short lag
5. Watching a film comes with a number of bugs, most importantly when you try to manipulate playback (E.G. Skipping, pausing, going fullscreen etc) you simply get a lot of stuttering which eventually works after a few minutes.
6. Playing a film automatically launches it in small mode (Where it is in a mini screen, allowing you to navigate MePo).

I uninstalled StreamedMP and used the default skin and this had no problems at all. Nothing interesting is occuring in the logs, no warnings or errors.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this issue.

EDIT: Another problem - Memory Leak!

Just watched it in Task Manager to see what it did when starting up, the memory usage climbs up to 700MB (While loading MePo) then drops to 300 and climbs back up again. This only happens when StreamedMP is running.

As a brief update, it seems like everything can now be attributed to a memory leak. By watching the memory usage in task manager I can see that the amount of RAM used by Media Portal climbs to about 700MB then drops back down to 300MB, then repeats infinite number of times. MePo lags when this drop back down occurs, and it's the same during playback of films. But this problem does not occur with the default skins.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
I dont want to sound like an ass but don't you think if there was a memory leak as serious as you are describing that everyone would be complaining of this issue? Normally memory leaks manifest themselves slowly, like over hours or days as used memory is not cleared so usage slowly increases. What you describe sounds like something different.

Could it be related to any of the plugins that are used with streamed mp vs blue3? It could possibly be something like the ticker, fanart handler or another plugin.

Have you checked your logs? Please set your legging level to debug then post them here, otherwise nobody will be able to help you.

Redgie

Portal Member
February 5, 2010
I have nothing running other than MePo 1.1.3 and the latest StreamedMP, so there is no conflicts with any other plugins, and as described in the OP there is nothing of any interest in the logs, I would post them but with it logging everything they are huge!

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I would post them but with it logging everything they are huge!

Use the MediaPortal Debug tool - it will zip all the files for you, zipped text files wont be very big.

And don't assume that because there is nothing in there that a developer could use! If you dont post the full debug log (zipped and made using the mediaportal debug tool) then don't expect much help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom