StreamedMP not starting up at all (E_OUTOFMEMORY) (1 Viewer)

riadmelb

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Hi,

I installed the 15/Nov release to give it a go (never installed StreamedMP before), splash screen runs for 1 or 2 seconds and disappears. Logs attached.

MP runs fine with Blue3 and Black Glass.

Thanks,
Riad

riadmelb

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Re: StreamedMP not starting up at all

Here are the logs when running Black Glass Nova. All I did is run the configuration and change the skin.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

You seem to be having a problem with the fonts, we are unsure why this is occurring but a few users have reported it:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/mediaportal-will-not-start-streamedmp-88891/

One user reported uninstalling and then re-installing fixed it, but im unsure how that could be the case unless the original font installation was corrupt...but its worth a try. I also notice you are running WinXP, so could be a problem with that as well :(

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country

Ok, I tried the fonts.xml from the other post and StreamedMP worked fine. I then reverted back to the original fonts.xml and it stopped working again, so now we know it has something to do with the fonts.

I went to the fonts folder and noticed that when I double click on "Fluid Body Caps" and "Fluid Body Caps (TrueType)" nothing appears in the font preview window (maybe windows cannot draw the font?)

Other Fluid fonts are fine.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

That is bad riadmelb, this would probably be the root cause of the problem. Can you try an Uninstall of the skin...after that manually remove the fonts (we leave them as WindowsFonts folder should have files marked as permanent incase other apps are using the fonts.)

Then Re-install and double check the fonts still dont load when you double click on them. You can also try Manually installing the fonts, but lets first see what happens after removing and re-installing.

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country

I removed StreamedMP, then removed all fluid fonts.
    Installed StreamedMP, no luck again.

I deleted all fluid fonts.
    Installed three fluid fonts manually: Default.ttf DefaultCaps.ttf TitleCaps.ttf
    No luck again running StreamedMP

The problem is with defaultcaps, because that's the only one that doesn't work when trying to preview from fonts folder.

I installed the three fluid fonts into another computer (Windows XP SP3) and three of them worked fine.

It is hard to say where the problem is now :(

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Indeed, Im very curious though to know what is the cause. Its looking like something enviroment related to that particular machine, maybe try windows updates, driver updates for graphics and DirectX upgrade.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

The Fluid Body Caps file has been updated recently, here is the previous version. Please Install this font (Right Click install after download) and see if problem goes away.

Attachments

• DefaultCaps.zip
      36.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom