StreamedMP Patches (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You may have noticed something new in the skin today pulsing in the top left hand corner of the skin. This is our Skin Update notification which is new in v1.2.0. Thanks to the hard work done by Trevor to make it possible.

When you see the Update Notification in top left and/or see an 'Update Available' image on startup, patch(s) is available to download and install:

BasicHomeUpdateAvailable-Thumb.jpg

Follow these steps to find out information about the patch(s) and apply to your system:

Step 1: Select Settings from BasicHome GUI:

Settings-Thumb.jpg

Step 2: Enter Settings and Select 'Skin':

SettingsSkinMenuItem-Thumb.jpg

Step 3: Select and Enter Skin Update:

SettingsSkinCheckForUpdate-Thumb.jpg

Step 4: Read the Change Log, click on the Spin Down/Up buttons to scroll. Click on the 'Update and Install' button to apply patch:

SettingsChangeLogDownloadAndInstall-Thumb.jpg

If you choose to 'Download and Install', you should see a GUI Progress Dialog displaying the current status of the download and installation process. If the patch requires mediaportal to be shutdown before applying patch, then it will be restarted upon successful completion.

PatchDownloading-Thumb.jpg

Upon successful completion of the patch installation, you should see a completion dialog prompt. Click OK and your done.

Note: this dialog is not displayed if the patch requires MediaPortal to shutdown and restart.

PatchInstallComplete-Thumb.jpg

We will continue to improve this process as the skin evolves and would appreciate any feedback you have.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    The update notification and ability to download and install skin updates while running MP is very nice; It's very well done! I really appreciate the work that you guys do for this skin and everything else you do for the MP community. Thank you for the great work :)

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just tried it, and it works GREAT! This is just perfect :)

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: StreamedMP Patches

that meanes, that i never have to go outside MePo and have to Download and Install StreamedMP-Versions from Website, run Installer, Run Editor, and so on? Do i understand right, that the Updates are now installable while using MePo?? If so: wow.

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ltfearme

Great functionality and it seems to work for all others. Anyway on both of my installations the update out of MP does not work and I get dump starting the update out of the configuration. It seems that a library is missing. Maybe it happens because I have not installed MP with the default path.

Can you have a look at the logs?

hirscho

Attachments

• Update StreamedMP.jpg
      Update StreamedMP.jpg
      82.3 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: AW: StreamedMP Patches

that meanes, that i never have to go outside MePo and have to Download and Install StreamedMP-Versions from Website, run Installer, Run Editor, and so on? Do i understand right, that the Updates are now installable while using MePo?? If so: wow.

Hi Ponyriemen, the update system in its current state allows you to apply simple patches from the GUI without restarting. What I mean by simple is just xml updates and new images.

We are continuing to improve the process, which will allow you to do almost everything which can include:

* plugin updates e.g. StreamedMP Config, Editor
    * translations
    * Full Major Upgrades between versions
    * Edit BasicHome

Even though some of these will require a restart of MediaPortal, we are working a way to make it so you the *user* dont need to get your keyboard out and run a setup and restart mediaportal etc.

Before all this is possible there will probably be atleast a few Full Upgrade Installs that must be ran manually. We are also working on Upgrade only setup so that you dont need to download a 90MB file if you are just upgrading from the previous version....this will come in handy when upgrading from GUI (saves you waiting for a longer download).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Great functionality and it seems to work for all others. Anyway on both of my installations the update out of MP does not work and I get dump starting the update out of the configuration. It seems that a library is missing. Maybe it happens because I have not installed MP with the default path.

Hi hirscho, for some reason you dont have a required dependency to the update system installed. This being:

Code:
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll

Looking at the Installer code, I noticed I only install this file if you select TV-Series in the feature select dialog. Im guessing you didnt?

Anyway, its bug...because I should be installing that file with or without tvseries now as we need it for the update system. I will address this in the next release.

In the mean time, extract the attached dll to your mediaportal.exe binary directory.

Attachments

• ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.zip
      75.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom