Streaming after HTPC sleep

Discussion in 'General Support' started by gunck4, February 27, 2010.

1. gunck4

gunck4 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Ice
    Windows Version: Windows 7 x86 Ultimate
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Memory: 4GB

I'm using 1.1.0 RC1 of MediaPortal now but this is actually not a new problem. The RTSP streaming doesn't work after the HTPC has been resumed from sleep. If I restart the TVService on my HTPC the streaming works again. Locally on the "single seat" installation, using MediaPortal to watch TV, everything is fine after resume.

I can post logs if there is need for it but I'm wondering if anybody has struggled with this same problem before and how can it be resolved?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ChrisOfCatford
    • Premium Supporter

ChrisOfCatford MP Donator

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Does it say something like "Cannot play file: Stream 2.4"?

I have had this a few times on XP clients since installing Windows 7 HP on my server.

A server restart solves it and it isn't every time after resuming clients. I had it down as a server problem because it happens at the same time on both clients. It works fine on the server single seat every time.

I also find it takes ages to start streaming most times and I get a staggered start with video then audio, only fixed by pressing skip on the remote when they both sync up. I haven't seen this behaviour since doing SVNs before version 1 first came out.

Chris

4. gunck4

gunck4 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
  5. classico

classico Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    HI,

I have the same problem. I have to restart the TVserver every time the client or server has been in standby mode

6. ravenrocks

ravenrocks Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    I have the same problem, really irritating.

7. Vispen74

Vispen74 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Exactly the same here, have to restart my server every time the client has been in standby for a while.

8. lodale

lodale Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    I also have this problem, seems to me that the client goes to sleep after a couple of hours (not changing channels or anything else). This happens even if i put the MySQL to restart after failure. Running WinXP. First getting the message unable to start stream XX, then if i try to start the channel again the getting no video or audio found.
    Seems to be a bug, and could probably be fixed by sending a "ping" every hour to the server???:rolleyes:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!