December 8, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Black Ice
Windows Version: Windows 7 x86 Ultimate
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Memory: 4GB

I'm using 1.1.0 RC1 of MediaPortal now but this is actually not a new problem. The RTSP streaming doesn't work after the HTPC has been resumed from sleep. If I restart the TVService on my HTPC the streaming works again. Locally on the "single seat" installation, using MediaPortal to watch TV, everything is fine after resume.

I can post logs if there is need for it but I'm wondering if anybody has struggled with this same problem before and how can it be resolved?

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Does it say something like "Cannot play file: Stream 2.4"?

I have had this a few times on XP clients since installing Windows 7 HP on my server.

A server restart solves it and it isn't every time after resuming clients. I had it down as a server problem because it happens at the same time on both clients. It works fine on the server single seat every time.

I also find it takes ages to start streaming most times and I get a staggered start with video then audio, only fixed by pressing skip on the remote when they both sync up. I haven't seen this behaviour since doing SVNs before version 1 first came out.

Chris

gunck4

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Vispen74

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Exactly the same here, have to restart my server every time the client has been in standby for a while.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I also have this problem, seems to me that the client goes to sleep after a couple of hours (not changing channels or anything else). This happens even if i put the MySQL to restart after failure. Running WinXP. First getting the message unable to start stream XX, then if i try to start the channel again the getting no video or audio found.
    Seems to be a bug, and could probably be fixed by sending a "ping" every hour to the server???:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom