Streaming HD Videos// Red // From other Computer (1 Viewer)

atlon

Portal Member
June 29, 2009
Hi

I've try all this time to see a 720p file from one computer and play it in other.

They are connected in a homenetwork and i don't know why.

But the stream is to slow, Is just a 720p file.

The image freezes usually.

I don't know really if i can use mediaportal to see HD files in a homenetwork, At least the NON HD files can be played right.

I was wondering if there is a way or config to make a faster stream in HD files in a homenetwork.

Thx :D

Snedig

Portal Member
July 1, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Is this a cabled network? If it is at least a 100mbit cabled LAN, 720p content should not be a problem. If so, check your cables - you could have a bad connection, causing packets to be resent and your overall network performance to decrease.

jvs

Portal Member
July 30, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
indeed. also consider your switch, if it's a cheapie - it may not be up to the job.

Snedig

Portal Member
July 1, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Then if it's a 54G wireless connection, you may have considerable difficulty streaming 720p over it I'm afraid... Even at the best of times, the nominal throughput of a 54g wireless connection tends to lie in the 20-30mbit region, and that's with a strong signal.

Try improving your signal if possible, antennas can be helpful, also it's worth a try changing to another channel on the access point, 1, 6 or 11 are all seperate channels that don't impinge on eachothers frequencies. There are some speed increasing techniques your equipment may support, packet bursting etc., some can use two 20mhz channels for what the vendors tend to call 108mbit, some of this could help too.

If none of that works, the only good tip I can think of is to upgrade your wireless to the 300mbit n-standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom