Streaming HTTP/UPnP/DLNA?

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by NLS, November 22, 2010.

1. NLS

NLS Portal Pro

IT
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Well I wonder if there is any plugin or set of plugins that could turn a mediaportal computer to a stream source using any or all of the protocols mentioned in my title.

Esp. over the web, I wonder if we could get some MP control and streaming over the Internet. I am looking for a way to get rid of Orb and its need to connect to their own servers for the web part and since I remember a few years ago there must have been a plugin able to do "close" to that functionality...

Well... is there anything?

Except my HTPC which probably is ok with MP locally, I also have a data server (currently running SBS7 preview) which holds all my data (inc. all my media) and looking for a nice way of serving those securely over the Internet.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mbuzina
    • Premium Supporter

mbuzina Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 4
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!