streaming tv live and recorded over the net... (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

snapstream's beyond tv is a software pvr program which has an awesome feature which allows you to stream live and pre-recorded tv shows over the net to remote computers using a web browser.

that would be a killer feature. i'd throw away my tivo and replay if that one got added to mediaportal!

not being at home and being able to watch a channel on your tv live... now thats getting your money's worth of your cable bill.

keep up the great work guys!

A

Anonymous

I actually got this to work, it is awesome. I have it set to a 150k stream over the internet, while it is small (and looks distorted streched) it would be much better on a 100mb LAN. The draw back is there is very little control over what you are watching. The best thing would be a plugin for Mediaportal using the SDK. You could centralize all your video & audio files to a media server and have it stream them to one or more clients.

I did a little searching and found this MS has C# sample code for the encoder SDK. The main SDK infor is here. Anyone up for trying to code this? I would love but I have no coding experience.

Someone already created a Streamer for a handheld PDA. Maybe part of this can be reused?

A

Anonymous

VideoLan Client already has these features (stream live and pre-recorded material over a network connection - either LAN or WAN). Go visit www.videolan.org

Though to be honest it wold be nice if MediaPortal also supported multicast broadcasting - then I could use MediaPortal on the.PC as my back end to broadcast TV to my XBOX out in the other room.

Does MediaPortal currently support viewing a mutlicast video stream?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom