Streamzap IR receiver with Logitech Harmony ONE remoteon MP (1 Viewer)

Rrrr

Portal Member
April 23, 2009
I would appreciate instruction on how to do this, as I am new and have red eyes from reading about it.
Somehow I believe I have the elements but do not know how to tie them together.
I am trying to trial MP and yes, perhaps tying too many things together...

I have an old streamzap remote receiver. (if it works otherwise I will get the MCE IR receiver)
I have a Logitech Harmony One remote control that I could set to behave like the MCE remote.

I have googled many things, but cant find anything about HIP that people seem to use.
I found EventGhost with support for Streamzap and MediaPortal.
I found the MP MessagePlugin and tried to install but the instructions are lacking: I have no idea what this means"Import MessagePlugin.hip into HIP" but I am not sure I need this.

In short, I have many elements but no idea how to tie them together.
Help would be appreciated. Also if you believe I am wasting my time on this...

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Intel P4 2.4Ghz
HDD: Maxtor 6Y200P0
Memory: 1Gb
Motherboard: Asus P4P800
Video Card: ATI 9200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 1.2/2.0
Sound Card: Integrated Soundmax 1985WDM_3630
Sound Card AC3: S/PDIF out connector
Sound Card Driver: 1985WDM_3630
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
I would appreciate instruction on how to do this, as I am new and have red eyes from reading about it.
Somehow I believe I have the elements but do not know how to tie them together.
I am trying to trial MP and yes, perhaps tying too many things together...

I have an old streamzap remote receiver. (if it works otherwise I will get the MCE IR receiver)
I have a Logitech Harmony One remote control that I could set to behave like the MCE remote.

I have googled many things, but cant find anything about HIP that people seem to use.
I found EventGhost with support for Streamzap and MediaPortal.
I found the MP MessagePlugin and tried to install but the instructions are lacking: I have no idea what this means"Import MessagePlugin.hip into HIP" but I am not sure I need this.

In short, I have many elements but no idea how to tie them together.
Help would be appreciated. Also if you believe I am wasting my time on this...
:
I to have been looking at using an old Streamzap receiver with my NevoSL. It looks like you have got most of the items that you need.
You don't need the .hip file unles you want to use HIP.
You need to have one of the later versions of Eventghost with support for Mediaportal. I got mine from here.
The latest version of the Streamzap drivers from here.
I've also been using this Eventghost configuration file by Druid9.

The first thing to do is to get Streamzap receiver working with Eventghost.
1. Install the Streamzap drivers.
2. Remove the Streamzap application from your startup group. I suggest using autoruns. Otherwise this will interfere with Eventghost.
3. Reboot your PC
4. Install Eventghost and load Druid9's configuration file. Using your remote you should see in Eventghost events being recorded when keys are pressed. It will give error message the Mediaportal is not running.
5. Install the WindowsMessages files into the locations defined in the test file. Forget about the .hip file.
6. Ensure the WindowsMessage plugin is active in MP Config and also no other remotes are configured.
7. Start MP and it should all work.

Rrrr

Portal Member
April 23, 2009
thanks very much, I will try as soon as I can find the streamzap...somehow it got lost in the past few days...

DigitalOxy

Portal Member
December 6, 2008
Thanks very much SurferMC. Your suggested configuration worked great! I am no enjoying MediaPortal with my Streamzap remote. Was previously using the Hauppauge remote that came with my tuner card, but the responsiveness in MediaPortal was terrible even after lots of tweaking in MediaPortal config.

FYI the Message Plugin (aka WindowsMessage(s)) plugin can be found here >> MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Message Plugin

I had a little trouble finding it under "WindowsMessage" because it's name on the MediaPortal site is actually "Message Plugin"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom