Stupid Question re: SVNs (help my FAF!) (1 Viewer)

dimakatchalo

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
Guys, just a quick question:

When I install the SVN builds, does that update th TVServer with the latest features/fixes or just the MP core? Or do I need to d/l the latest TVServer build to enjoy all the latest TVServer-specific fixes?

I used to think that each SVN updated MP core + TVServer (if you had it installed), however I recently had an odd recording issue with a particular SVN & TVServer and applying the latest SVN (where this bug was confirmed as fixed) didnt help - I had to completely re-install TVServer & install its latest version for the bug to be fixed.

Sorry to be thick, just need to confirm this in order to maintain stability and keep the FAF (fiance acceptance factor) at its current all-time high level :D

DK.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
I believe they are both seperate so when you update to the latest svn , if you then want to update to the latest svn of the tv engine you have uninstall it on the client and the server and then install it again, as it doesn't do an install over the top like the svn for the MP core.

The good thing about this is if you find everything working fine with the Core of MP and you decide a new svn of the tv is bad in your case you can unisntall it and reinstall a older version of it and it doesnt' affect the rest of MP keeping your fiance happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom