Windows Version: XP MCE SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64X2 (690) 2.3GHz
HDD: WDC 500GB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: MSI K9AGM2-FIH
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1200
1. TV Card: Compro Vista E700
1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-T

I am experiencing stutter/Jitter while watching a recorded program or the live buffer. It happens only after I use skip forward or backward and seems quite random in it's occurrence. If I continue to skip around afterwards then it may fix itself but the best way to cure it is to stop the playback then resume it again.

Live TV point never stutters and so far I haven't noticed any AVI file stuttering. I thought it may be a codec issue but I've tried several (currently using the latest ffdshow which seems more stable).

Has anyone experienced this and knows how to fix it?

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
Hi

I have noticed a stutter on recorded TV after skipping, where the picture alternates between the point skipped from and the point skipped to for a fraction of a second. It also then tends to stutter after a couple of seconds of playing and then is fine. This happens consistently where I have been skipping ad breaks on ITV1 HD.

I am not sure where the issue lies as I bought a HDTV at the end of November to replace my CRT, so a number of things in my set-up have changed. I have also realised the graphics card I bought at the same time (1GB Sapphire HD 5450) is borderline for interlaced HDTV.

So the issue for me may be:

• H.264 codec, I am currently using Microsoft, I may try PowerDVD 10.
  • Settings in the Catalyst Control panel for the graphics card.
  • Settings in TV.
  • Recordings on HD channels as I have only just started making these.

I need to try more combinations to see if it solves the issue, but as it only happens around the skip for me, it is not a major issue.

Mew

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
As an update, the issue for me only seems to occur in HD recordings, not SD as I played both tonight. I will need to try a different Codec.

Mew

MusicMan62

Portal Pro
November 2, 2010
Frome, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Bumping this as I still suffer from this problem despite keeping codecs and MP updated. Anyone else seeing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom