[no Bug] Stuttering... but only the first 5 minutes! (1 Viewer)

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi,

I have a weird stuttering problem in Mediaportal 1.3.0 RC1 (and beta also).
    In the first ~5 minutes after the start of MP there is anything that makes the mediaportal.exe using one CPU-thread at full load in random time intervals. After 5 minutes everything is just smooth as it has to be.
    It is influencing the whole program: videos/TV stutter, the menue lags,...

When I close MP and start it again, there is the same problem.

I tried some things like disabling plugins, changing and reinstalling codecs, ATI display drivers, disabling DVB-EPG, changing skin from Titan to another one,...

Is there anything else I can try to find out WHAT exactly causes MP to lag this hard - what COULD it be when it appears only in the first 5 minutes after start?

System is an intel i5 on Win7/64 with 8GB Ram, SSD and ATI graphics

Thanks in advance!
    Eggert

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Moved post to the correct forum.

@Eggert: please post full debug logs (while trying to reproduce this problem) and fill in your system specs. Without logs it's only guessing what your problem is.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I get the same thing. Its MPTVSeries searching for new stuff. Just disable that tvseries are fetched on mp start and your stutter is gone.

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Thanks for the hint - in my case it was the moving pictures plugin. I thought I tried to disable that one... I seem to have missed it, sorry.
    Maybe it is the same searching-database-update thing at the beginning.
    Since I am not the Standby-System-User and frequently restart the whole system, I disabled this plugin and am happy now.
    Not the best solution though...

Thanks!
    Eggert

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mh, thats strange, for me movingpictures is making no problems at all when it is searching for new stuff, tv series on the other hand lets my system lag like crazy.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TNX for the feedback guys. I'll set this thread to No Bug then, since it's not MP core related.
    I use both Moving Pictures & Tv Series and don't have any issues with them, but my HTPC run on a i7-860. I assume an i5 is more than enough power to run those plugins without issues.
    I would like to suggest to mention this issue to the plugin developer, so he can look into it and see if there is anything to improve!

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yeah I get this too but only for about 1 minute after starting MediaPortal. A few stutters here and there whilst Moving Pictures and MP-TVSeries search for new files and download artwork & info I guess. Not sure if there's a way around it - even setting MediaPortal to have higher than normal priority doesn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom