Stuttering HDTV (Artifacts and freezes) (1 Viewer)

reve80

December 8, 2007
TV-Server Version: TVEngine3 Snapshot: 12-24-2007 12-41h Revision 16729
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 12-24-2007 12-37h - Revision:16729
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
Windows Version: build2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254 and all Updates
CPU Type: Intel Pentium E2140 2x1.6 GHz oc'd to 2.1 GHz
HDD: 320 GB Seagate
Memory: 2x1024 Infineon DDR2/800 in Dualchannel-Mode
Motherboard: ASRock 4core1333-fullhd
Motherboard Chipset: ATI RS600
Motherboard Bios: newest
Video Card: ATI x1250 integrated on Chipset
Video Card Driver: newest
Sound Card: Realtek HD
Sound Card AC3: Realtek HD
Sound Card Driver: newest
1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy S2 HD
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: newest from Terratec Site
MPEG2 Video Codec: Elecard Mpeg2 codec
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow audio codec
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19,2 degrees
HTPC Case: Zignum Sphere
Cooling: Aircooled
Power Supply: 300W inkl. with case
Remote: Medion X10
TV: Toshiba Regza 32"LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello guys,

I have a small problem regarding my config. Tried all and everything now but it seems that I can't
get HDTV to work properly.

I switched to the Cinergy S2 card a few days ago. With the old card I was ble to watch normal TV flawlessly.
Now with the new one I get artifacts and stuttering from time to time. (Normal TV that is)
Adusting the dish a bit helped some but hdtv still stutters like hell (That with 98%Quality and 93% Level on the Dish)
Currently I'm using the Cyberlink h264 codec. Changing the codec to ffdshow for h264 doesn't work. I just get a blank picture.
h264 movies play like a charm with both the ffdshow and the cyberlink codec. I'm totally out of any ideas at the moment. Maybe someone has a solution for my problem.
I heard that sometimes older LNC's cause problems when it comes to play HDTV content ? How can I check this ?

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi reve, i suppose your integrated video card causes the trouble. i bet it cannot handle the load of the tv stream.
    have a look at the taskmanager during hdtv watching an compare to sdtv. so you'll see...most likely...that your cpu has to do the work which the inbuilt video card isn't able to manage.

so buy at least an ati 2400 or 3450 better 2600pro ( depending on the height of your enclosure) and your problem vanishs.

ieb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom