Stuttering HDTV (Artifacts and freezes)

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by reve80, December 25, 2007.

1. reve80

reve80 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TV-Server Version: TVEngine3 Snapshot: 12-24-2007 12-41h Revision 16729
    MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 12-24-2007 12-37h - Revision:16729
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
    Windows Version: build2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254 and all Updates
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium E2140 2x1.6 GHz oc'd to 2.1 GHz
    HDD: 320 GB Seagate
    Memory: 2x1024 Infineon DDR2/800 in Dualchannel-Mode
    Motherboard: ASRock 4core1333-fullhd
    Motherboard Chipset: ATI RS600
    Motherboard Bios: newest
    Video Card: ATI x1250 integrated on Chipset
    Video Card Driver: newest
    Sound Card: Realtek HD
    Sound Card AC3: Realtek HD
    Sound Card Driver: newest
    1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy S2 HD
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: newest from Terratec Site
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Elecard Mpeg2 codec
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow audio codec
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19,2 degrees
    HTPC Case: Zignum Sphere
    Cooling: Aircooled
    Power Supply: 300W inkl. with case
    Remote: Medion X10
    TV: Toshiba Regza 32"LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello guys,

I have a small problem regarding my config. Tried all and everything now but it seems that I can't
    get HDTV to work properly.

I switched to the Cinergy S2 card a few days ago. With the old card I was ble to watch normal TV flawlessly.
    Now with the new one I get artifacts and stuttering from time to time. (Normal TV that is)
    Adusting the dish a bit helped some but hdtv still stutters like hell (That with 98%Quality and 93% Level on the Dish)
    Currently I'm using the Cyberlink h264 codec. Changing the codec to ffdshow for h264 doesn't work. I just get a blank picture.
    h264 movies play like a charm with both the ffdshow and the cyberlink codec. I'm totally out of any ideas at the moment. Maybe someone has a solution for my problem.
    I heard that sometimes older LNC's cause problems when it comes to play HDTV content ? How can I check this ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ichessblumen
    • Premium Supporter

ichessblumen MP Donator

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    hi reve, i suppose your integrated video card causes the trouble. i bet it cannot handle the load of the tv stream.
    have a look at the taskmanager during hdtv watching an compare to sdtv. so you'll see...most likely...that your cpu has to do the work which the inbuilt video card isn't able to manage.

so buy at least an ati 2400 or 3450 better 2600pro ( depending on the height of your enclosure) and your problem vanishs.

ieb

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!