stuttering live TV picture (starts and stops) (1 Viewer)

mhd292

Portal Member
April 24, 2010
hi guys,

i get a stuttering picture when using live TV, which never used to happen before. the picture starts and stops.

i have a DVBT USB TV receiver which is connected to my laptop. A coaxial cable connects the TV plug (dont know what it is called) on the wall to my USB. I generally get good signal and this is the first time it has happend, right after trying to set up the loopback device.

the device is called "MobiDTV Pro".

My lan IP is 192.168.1.87 , this is the one that I use for the internet and is the name of my "server" (says type is "master")under "TV servers" in the mediaportal TV server configuration program.

my loopback adapter has IP 192.168.2.1

what else would you like to know? please help me!

Thanks,

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    And I connect to the internet wirelessly, would have been nice to tell us, sounds like you have a conflict in your network settings.

So everything is on one pc (single seat), then you need to set the TCP setting.

xp does not give the option for ipv4

Its the same one, ipv6 does not exist on xp, so not necessary to put the ipv4 after the name, so your just looking for the internet protocol, have you entered the details there.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Might be worthwhile, I always install the adapter first, then MP\TVServer afterwards, but make sure you do a complete uninstall, so thats the option 3 in the uninstaller.

mhd292

Portal Member
    April 24, 2010
    which is better MySQL or Microsoft SQL to use?
    why do i need either?
    what does it do?

Which codecs should i use?
    does mediaportal record in HD? is this why each hour long recording is one gigabyte? can this get changed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reinstalled mediaportal, TV works fine again with internet. If i restart mediaportal but disable the internet before, TV no longer works.

If I enable the internet and switch on the TV from mediaportal and start watching, it works fine. If i continue to watch, but then disable the internet whilst watching TV it continues to work fine, even when i switch channels. It seems to require the internet only when i switch on the TV initially(i.e. i click on the "TV on" button). After this, the internet can be disabled and i can still watch fine and switch channels.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    which is better MySQL or Microsoft SQL to use?
    why do i need either?
    what does it do?

MySQL is the default for various reasons, but the main one is its compatibility with XP, Vista and Win 7.

It stores all the data for anything TV related Tuners\Tuning\epg\recording info etc.

Which codecs should i use?

Less the better, For XP\Vista I cannot recommend the "Vista codec Pack" by shark007 enough, pretty foolproof at setting correct merits and registry settings with a nice user control panel and options to use DXVA, Windows 7 I just have the haali splitter installed and use the M$ codecs, but then I do not have HDTV.

If I enable the internet and switch on the TV from mediaportal and start watching, it works fine. If i continue to watch, but then disable the internet whilst watching TV it continues to work fine, even when i switch channels

Now that I'm baffled by, streaming should stop immediately, unless it is using localhost, you can get the active stream from within TV Home screen, would be interested to know if it shows same ip as your internet.

mhd292

Portal Member
    April 24, 2010
    Now that I'm baffled by, streaming should stop immediately, unless it is using localhost, you can get the active stream from within TV Home screen, would be interested to know if it shows same ip as your internet.

i dont understand what you mean, what should i do now?

thanks,

mhd292

Portal Member
    April 24, 2010
    when i click on "tv streams" inside mediaportal, it says the name of the computer rather than the ip address, is this normal?

but the host name under the mediaportal configuration in TV client section is the ip address 192.168.2.1 which is associated with the loopback adapter.

if i disable my LAN (i.e. no internet available anymore) (BUT loopback adapter is enabled) and then i start mediaportal, and switch on the TV from there, i get one picture from that channel and then mediaportal freezes on that picture. i get a picture atleast, so how can that be?

if i am watching TV from mediaportal and both the loopback adapter and LAN(internet available) is enabled, i get a moving picture. whilst watching tv, if i disable the LAN, the picture continues to move and i can still watch TV and even change channels. if i then disable the loopback adapter(i.e. now LAN and loopback adapter are both disabled), the picture stops and i get a black screen with a message popping up saying "connection to tv service lost" with the name of the channel above this sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom