Stuttering while playing video (any except wmv HD) (1 Viewer)

Tsurany

Portal Member
August 8, 2007
MediaPortal Version: Media Portal 2.2
Windows Version: Windows Media Center Edition
CPU Type: AMD 64 3500+
HDD: 250GB
Memory: 512mb
Video Card: 7600GS
Video Card Driver: Latest

When playing a video with Media Portal I get a very stuttering playback. When playing the files with another player such als Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic it works perfectly. I use FFDSHOW (latest version) for playing video's and I use AC3 filter as the audio decoder. It almost looks like the cpu doesn't have enough power because while playing the entire system responds slow and as soon as playback stops the system works fine again.
I downgraded to a 2004 version of FFDSHOW and now the video is stuttering like hell and the audio is ahead a second or 20, very annoying.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Tsurany

Portal Member
August 8, 2007
Does it happen with all video types? or only HD stuff?
What filetype is the video exactly?
All video types except HD stuff. It happens with dvd's, avi files. Everything except HD WMV.
Summary says it's DIVXMPG4 V3 video compression.
For dvd's i'm using the Nvidia DVD Decoder, so it's unrelated to ffdshow.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    2 things to try:

- In mediaportal Movies section, ensure you are using 'Default DirectSound device' as strangely any other option will mess things up (don't blame the messenger!)

- In FFDSHOW configuration, click on the output tab and ensure that the 'Use overlay mixer' option is deselected.

Good luck!

Tsurany

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    2 things to try:

- In mediaportal Movies section, ensure you are using 'Default DirectSound device' as strangely any other option will mess things up (don't blame the messenger!)

- In FFDSHOW configuration, click on the output tab and ensure that the 'Use overlay mixer' option is deselected.

Good luck!
    Default DirectSound Device was already the one I was using so that can't be it then/
    I could not find the Use overlay mixer in FFDSHOW, it wasn't there in the output tab.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Did you check the video options? Sorry I forgot to mention that it's there rather than Audio options.

Tsurany

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Did you check the video options? Sorry I forgot to mention that it's there rather than Audio options.

Seems like they renamed it in the never FFDSHOW versions, now it's disabled, didn't solve anything unfortunately.

Just found something wierd. If I press the back button while playing so I go back to the menu and see the movie in a small size in the bottem corner it plays perfectly. Also when I use the zoom and set it on original format ,so it only fills about 20% of the screen, it plays smoothly.

Tsurany

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    I solved the problem, changed some settings in my drivers of the graphics card and now everything works like a charm. Thanks everyone for helping me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom