Style teletext (1 Viewer)

sderuiter

Portal Pro
December 2, 2005
Hi,

Two minor requests:
1 In Holland, the fonts used for teletext are bold. In MP's implementation, it seems the font isn't bold, which makes it hard to read (at least for me). Can I style/change this myself?

2. Full screen teletext is implemented as an overlay (about 90%). We sometimes like to watch the BBC with subtitles on, so you can mute the sound. On normal teletext, you will only see the subtitles, in MP however, the overlay still exists and you see the subtitles, but the overlay is 'blocking' the main picture in this case. Can I change this?

Thanks.

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
It turns out I use the teletext quite often on my old digal-box and less often in MP.

The first thing sdreuiter says is important, to be able to change the font would be great. My old box is easier to read, bold and a different font.

Since we are talking about teletext my dream would be a faster teletext function. Ie store the start page (100) upon entering a channel and after a time, or when you enter teletext, cache all pages in memory. I can't even guess how hard this last thing is, but from what I understand you can scan the teletext pages at the same time as you handle the TV stream.

petteram

Portal Pro
November 4, 2005
Norway
One other thing: it should be possible to press next on the remote so you dont
have to press the numbers to go to the next page.
Let`s say the news starts at page 102 and you want to read 20 pages, it`s
faster to press "up" on the remote than pressing all the numbers.

NEI

Portal Member
April 25, 2006
I have one minor problem too with teletext. I'm watching on a projector with a big diagonal and the text is almost unreadable because of the spaces between the characters.

I t l o o k s a l m o s t l i k e t h i s.

Am i the only one with this problem?

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
petteram said:
One other thing: it should be possible to press next on the remote so you dont
have to press the numbers to go to the next page.
Let`s say the news starts at page 102 and you want to read 20 pages, it`s
faster to press "up" on the remote than pressing all the numbers.

True, I forgot about that problem, when I tested it seems + and - is mapped to page+1 and page-1. But in fullscreen teletext it would be great if the up/down is mapped by default.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    NEI said:
    I have one minor problem too with teletext. I'm watching on a projector with a big diagonal and the text is almost unreadable because of the spaces between the characters.

I t l o o k s a l m o s t l i k e t h i s.

Am i the only one with this problem?

Y o u a r e n o t a l o n e !

Your right, this could be improved a bit.
    To much space. Fonts could be made even a bit bigger, so it
    would be easier to read. :)

Regards
    Ralph

strawberry

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    Well, if we're looking at my whislist for teletext

I would like to see
    1) The pages actually turning up right, not pieces of pages through one an other (or am i the only one experiencing this)
    2) is it not possible to pre-load pages to reduce waiting time

kind regards

Strawberry

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    I have had a bug where the actual characters would have opacity = 0

In other words, tv show was bleeding through the characters while the black background was black. Very frustrating. -having the oposite would actually be good.

About pages +/-, I have mapped my remote control for page+. Never got the minus working really. Why isnt the teletext in the mediaportal setup thingy so one could read key mappings and perhaps re-route anything?

regards
    Knut

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom