Sublight - Automatic Subtitle Downloader (1 Viewer)

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
November 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi guys,

As I have been looking for quite a while for a good and advanced program for downloading subtitles for my movie collection I really wanted to share this with you. I recently found a program called Sublight. It is really easy to use and has a few awesome features such as Batch Downloading of subtitles.
Best of all? It's FREE! (You might have noticed that I'm Dutch! ;) )

Take a look and be sure to give it a try, the more people use it the stronger this program gets! Maybe it can be included or build in with MediaPortal itself one day! That would be even more perfect!

Sublight - Home

Sublight_5.png

Sublight_1.png

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
macofaco: There are two plugins that many is interested in such a feautre. MP-tvseries and movingpictures. You find them in the forum.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Great program!!! Just a few questions...

Is there any option to change the output filename of SublightCMD? Since I prefer them the same name as the input file, so without the 'en' at the end.
And I think a few parsing expressions should be added. It doesnt recognise a format like this: <series>.201.<etc.>

Outside of that... it seems to be working fine with some of the seasons :) Great!!

macofaco

June 21, 2009
I am glad you like it.

Regarding SublightCmd: curently there is no option for changing filename. In next version I will update file naming logic to this:
  • if you are searching/downloading subtitles for single language, language code will not be appended (file name will be same as video name)
  • if you are searching/downloading subtitles for multiple languages, language code will be appended (same as today)

Regarding parsing expressions and series recognition: SublightCmd does not even look at your input filename! To determine which movie/serie you have SublightCmd looks file content. Then it calculates video hash and searches Sublight database if there is any match. If there is no match, your movie/serie will NOT be recognized. This hashes are added by users in Sublight client (option "Add link") and is very important for this recognition. Luckily, hash database is growing on daily basis.

So if you have file named "ABCDEF.avi" or "YOUR_FAVORITE_SERIE.avi" it does not matter. If SublightCmd does not recognize it then please run Sublight client and add link manually (with this you help other users and other users will help you :)).

Regards,
macofaco

Kossu

Portal Pro
June 8, 2008
Home Country
Finland Finland
Im hoping one of the developers will jump on this and make a plugin, I think its great.

shlomicthail

April 14, 2009
i would be very happy to write the plugin - but there is no documentation and no support for hebrew language (that i'm more interested in)

Shlomi

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

bibo456

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    looks very interesting.
    I will give it a try soon, and I am even more interested in the moving picure possibility.
    I cant't wait
    :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom