Sublight - Automatic Subtitle Downloader

Discussion in 'Other HTPC Applications' started by Henkie Flits, June 20, 2009.

1. Henkie Flits

Henkie Flits Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

As I have been looking for quite a while for a good and advanced program for downloading subtitles for my movie collection I really wanted to share this with you. I recently found a program called Sublight. It is really easy to use and has a few awesome features such as Batch Downloading of subtitles.
    Best of all? It's FREE! (You might have noticed that I'm Dutch! ;) )

Take a look and be sure to give it a try, the more people use it the stronger this program gets! Maybe it can be included or build in with MediaPortal itself one day! That would be even more perfect!

Sublight - Home

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. macofaco

macofaco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. 1stdead

1stdead Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +139 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    macofaco: There are two plugins that many is interested in such a feautre. MP-tvseries and movingpictures. You find them in the forum.

5. Zinu

Zinu Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great program!!! Just a few questions...

Is there any option to change the output filename of SublightCMD? Since I prefer them the same name as the input file, so without the 'en' at the end.
    And I think a few parsing expressions should be added. It doesnt recognise a format like this: <series>.201.<etc.>

Outside of that... it seems to be working fine with some of the seasons :) Great!!

6. macofaco

macofaco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am glad you like it.

Regarding SublightCmd: curently there is no option for changing filename. In next version I will update file naming logic to this:
    • if you are searching/downloading subtitles for single language, language code will not be appended (file name will be same as video name)
    • if you are searching/downloading subtitles for multiple languages, language code will be appended (same as today)

Regarding parsing expressions and series recognition: SublightCmd does not even look at your input filename! To determine which movie/serie you have SublightCmd looks file content. Then it calculates video hash and searches Sublight database if there is any match. If there is no match, your movie/serie will NOT be recognized. This hashes are added by users in Sublight client (option "Add link") and is very important for this recognition. Luckily, hash database is growing on daily basis.

So if you have file named "ABCDEF.avi" or "YOUR_FAVORITE_SERIE.avi" it does not matter. If SublightCmd does not recognize it then please run Sublight client and add link manually (with this you help other users and other users will help you :)).

Regards,
    macofaco

7. Kossu

Kossu Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Im hoping one of the developers will jump on this and make a plugin, I think its great.

8. macofaco

macofaco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. shlomicthail

shlomicthail New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i would be very happy to write the plugin - but there is no documentation and no support for hebrew language (that i'm more interested in)

Shlomi

10. seco
    • Team MediaPortal

seco Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,234 / 4
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
  11. bibo456

bibo456 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    looks very interesting.
    I will give it a try soon, and I am even more interested in the moving picure possibility.
    I cant't wait
    :D:D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!