sublinks, need help with creating grabber (1 Viewer)

gommer

Portal Member
October 7, 2006
Belgium
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi guys,

I'm making a webEPG grabber for www.teveblad.be (Belgium - Femish/Dutch). I know there's already one in the SVN, but it does not provide enough channels, and it has some problems. So i'm making my own, which i'll share when it's finished.

Grabbing the main program data already works, but I want to grab the more detailed program info from the linked detail page. But this last bit seems not to work after a few day's of trial and (ho)(e)rror.
Here's an example of how these detail pages look like: sublink HTML page example in pastebin
I also know that the grabber opens the detailed pages, I found these in the log file:
Code:
1/11/2006 18:45:00 [Info.] WebEPG: Guide, Program Info: 20061101211500 / 20061101221000 - Flikken
1/11/2006 18:45:00 [Info.] WebEPG: Reading http://www.teveblad.be/ndl/detail.asp?progid=35703003220061101EEN.001 POST:

So i'm convinced that there must be something wrong with my template
Here's the snippet that should match the detail page in the first pastebin link:
Code:
<section name="SubListing">
<entry name="Start">Inhoud</td></entry>
<entry name="Template">
	<td></td>
	<td>#DESCRIPTION</td>
</entry>
</section>
The HTML tags in the above code section are changed by the forum.
Here's a link to the complete grabber xml
You should realize that the number of rows can change from one detail page to another. The Description ('Inhoud') that i'm looking for, however, is always the last row.

Can anyone give a hint to the solution please. Thanks in adnavce.

Marc

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi gommer,

The problem is that the sublinked page of teveblad.be is variable. In that the information and html code changes. This is not supported by the current version of WebEPG :( but I'm working on a new parser engine which will support this :D

/James

gommer

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi gommer,

The problem is that the sublinked page of teveblad.be is variable. In that the information and html code changes. This is not supported by the current version of WebEPG :( but I'm working on a new parser engine which will support this :D

/James
    Hi James,

Do you ever sleep :D . The swift reply is much appreciated.

I knew about the engine not handling variabe pages (templates).
    That's what I tried to solve by setting the 'start' tag at the line i'm interested in ('Inhoud'), since it happens to be the last one (always).

What's wrong with this approach?

gommer

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Try removing the </td> from the Inhoud.
    Nope, tried that already, didn't change a thing :(
    No errors, but also no 'Inhoud'.

By the way, it's not a problem that #description is in the main listing, as well as in the sublisting, is it?

gommer

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Small addition to this story:
    in the sublisting page, 'Inhoud' is not unique, OTOH 'Inhoud</td> ' IS unique.

Any other thought of what i could try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom