subtitle borders & shadow width won't change! (1 Viewer)

fsvum

Portal Member
July 5, 2009
Home Country
Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1,0,2
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista 32bit
CPU Type: due quad
HDD: 750gb
Memory: 4gb
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: gabset
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

hi
i want to change the border and shadow width of subtitles , so i changed it in "mediaportal configurations" in two places
1- in "video==>subtitle tab" there i change it from 5 to 1.
2- in "video postprocessing" in the DirectVobsub filter , then i chooose "filter proberties" then i go to the filter panel , i change them from 2 to 1 (both border width and shadow width)

but the problem is when i open mediaportal , the subtitles all look the same! no change at all . i only can change them temporarily during playback of a film , by opening the DirectVobSub icon in windows taskbar , then i change both border width and shadow width from 2 to 1 :confused:. only then the subtitles looks perfect (but only temporarily, because if i play another video file , all setting go back to 2)

when i close mediaportal and open "mediaportal configurations" all the setting are correct (border width and shadow width =1 )
but apperantly whan i open mediaportal it automatically change to 2 then when i close it, it goes back to 1

any help?
my version is 1,0,2

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I honestly never tried anything but adjusting font size, so I can't help you with the specifics.

In 1.0.2 you can either use vobsub which is then controlled through MP. Or you can enable ffdshow subtitle filter, which works independently from MP. Try fiddling with the settings in either place. I am sure you can get it working one way or the other.

There could be a bug in the subtitle configuration in 1.0.2, I am just saying that it won't be fixed since there is a completely new subtitle engine in MP now (which I hope hasn't got these problems you talk about).

fsvum

Portal Member
    July 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia
    hi
    as in my topic i tried in both vobsub and MP to change the borders but no luck. thanks anyway.
    i tried to change the position of the subtitles in vobsub and it worked! why not the borders!!?:(

anyone please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom