Subtitle configuration + Remote (1 Viewer)

creatine

Portal Member
September 8, 2010
I have a few mkv movie files with multiple subtiltes for each movie (forced english for foreign audio parts, full english, etc) The issue I am having is that depending on the movie I am watching I do not want the subs to be on, or only on for foreign audio parts. I know I can go into the mediaportal settings and turn subtitles on, but then the subs would be on all the time for all movies, which i do not want. Is there a way I can configure subs for only the movies I want or turn them on\off on the fly ?

I have a Mediagate Windows 7 / Vista MCE One Channel IR Remote Control which is compatible with the MCE remote. All buttons on the remote work except subtitles. When I press it, nothing happens
MediaGateUSA.com

But the subtitle button on the remote doesn't seem to do anything. Are there any settings I can change so that I can toggle the subtitles via remote or have them display when I want them to ?

Media portal 1.1.0 final
windows 7 64bit
Mediagate Windows 7 / Vista MCE One Channel IR Remote Control
MPCHC
Klite codec pack (ffdshow)

Thanks.

creatine

Portal Member
September 8, 2010
I think I found part of my problem but don't know how to fix it, I set the subtitle track in my mkv movie as default and forced but it is still not played when I play the movie. I have to manually toggle the subtitle i want. Any ideas on how to fix it ?

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have had a quick look at mantis but cant see any update on this, has anyone got one?

watching a bridge too far is a nightmare!!

SimonP

Portal Pro
March 6, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Off the top of my head, doesn't one of the colour buttons switch subtitles (yellow perhaps)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom