SubtitleDownloader (1 Viewer)

seco

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Country flag
    SubtitleDownloader is a C# API library for downloading subtitles from various multi-language subtitle sites.
    It was originally developed to be used with MediaPortal plugins but it can be also used in any .NET project.

Note: SubtitleDownloader is not a plugin for Mediaportal, My TVSeries or Moving Pictures. It is a standalone library which can be easily re-used in C# applications such as Mediaportal plugins and MP2. This way subtitle sites, searching & downloading logic can be centralized to one library and not directly to one specific plugin.

If you find the project useful, you can support the development by donating via PayPal

Last edited:

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Cool. I know this might be difficult. But why not adding subscene.com? Most subtitles are released here. Unfortunately you can't use hash"codes" only name. Series might be hard to filter also. But i think that would be great.
    Tvsubtitles is great for series(MPTVseries currently uses it)
    maybe Moviesubtitles.org - Download latest DivX/Xvid movies subtitles is worth considering as well?

But really great work i must say. Remember to talk to the devs :)

kgk

Portal Member
    October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OMG! Yay!. This sound awsome. Thank you for doing the work on this. Hopefully this will lead to much better and more robust auto subtitle download feature .

seco

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Country flag
    Yes, of course. SubtitleDownloader is an independent library which can be used in any C# program to find subtitles for TV series, movies etc.

As I said in the first post, "The idea is that this library could be used by both My TVSeries and Moving Pictures in the near future."

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes, of course. SubtitleDownloader is an independent library which can be used in any C# program to find subtitles for TV series, movies etc.

As I said in the first post, "The idea is that this library could be used by both My TVSeries and Moving Pictures in the near future."

Sounds really nice... When do yuo think it would be ready for using it with movies!?

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Which site does your plugin get subtitles from!?

Because i have allready tried: vroksub - Project Hosting on Google Code

And it's getting from Opensibtitles.org, and that site isn't one of the best :/ Ex. Subscene is way much better, and holds many more subtitles for movies.. Ex, if i use Opensubtitles.org i can aprox get 5/10 subtitles downloaded (In combination between english and my native language), but if i use Subscene.com, i can aprox get 9/10 downloaded :)

seco

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Country flag
    Which site does your plugin get subtitles from!?

Because i have allready tried: vroksub - Project Hosting on Google Code

And it's getting from Opensibtitles.org, and that site isn't one of the best :/ Ex. Subscene is way much better, and holds many more subtitles for movies.. Ex, if i use Opensubtitles.org i can aprox get 5/10 subtitles downloaded (In combination between english and my native language), but if i use Subscene.com, i can aprox get 9/10 downloaded :)

As I said in first post:

It currently has support for four sites: OpenSubtitles, Sublight, SubtitleSource and TVSubtitles and multiple languages.

So 4 sites at the moment. v0.4 will also have experimental support for Subscene.
    Five sources should be enough.

seco

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Country flag
    I've created a testing package where SubtitleDownloader is configurable in My TVSeries config, Extras -> Subtitles

EDIT: See first post

Users who are viewing this thread