Subtitles HAWAII FIVE-0 Fixed in SubtitleDownloader 2.4 but NEW ISSUE FOUND. (1 Viewer)

J-J

Portal Member
September 6, 2010
Antwerp
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
EDIT: After following problem was fixed, I found some new problems --> see last post for new issues.

Yesterday I posted this question in the SubtitleDownloader 2.3 forum:
Thanks for making this program, I really appreciate this.
I use it to download subs from bierdopje.com.
The only thing a remarked is that it doesn't download subs for Hawaii Five-0.
I asked the developers of bierdopje.com and after some posts we came to the following:

[message=85560]Sypher schreef op vrijdag 21 januari 2011 @ 21:52[/message]:
Zo te zien stuurt hij:
GET /XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/FindShowByName/hawaii_five0_2010

Hij stript het streepje, maar dat moet ie dus niet doen..
Dat is dus een bug aan hun kant. Beetje raar, want andere series hebben dat vast ook dan.
TRANSLATION:
It seems it sends us:
GET /XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/FindShowByName/hawaii_five0_2010

It strips the dash, but that's just the thing it must not do..
So it's a bug on their side. Little strange, because other series will probably have that same problem too.

I suggested maybe something could be changed in the 'parsing expressions'-menu in MP-TVseries.

tmp54.jpg

Or is it really a bug in SubtitleDownloader?
I got this reaction:

Hi,

First of all, SubtitleDownloader doesn't know anything about Mediaportal or it's plugins.

It is used by SubCentral, which again is used from TVSeries or Moving Pictures. If the serie and episode data is not parsed correctly in TVSeries, SubCentral receives wrong information which it passes to SubtitleDownloader.

So I hope now I'm asking my question in the right forum :)
Does anyone had the same problem and/or does anyone know a solution?

Grtz & thanks!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Subtitles for HAWAII FIVE-0 not downloaded in MP (with MP-TVSeries)

Can you atleast provide logs of attempting to download sub-titles, have you tried other providers? Are you using the built in feature to download sub-titles or are you using it via SubCentral plugin?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I dont think this is a problem with tvseries, but most likely the bierdopje.com site or implementation for that downloader in subtitledownloader.dll. I dont know much about that library to be honest so im not sure.

I tried downloading subs for Hawaii Five-0 using SubCentral and it works for SubScene and it doesnt work for bierdopje.com.

J-J

Portal Member
    September 6, 2010
    Antwerp
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Can you atleast provide logs of attempting to download sub-titles, have you tried other providers? Are you using the built in feature to download sub-titles or are you using it via SubCentral plugin?
    Here are my log files --> http://users.telenet.be/J-J/log.zip
    I use the build in feature to download subs, and not SubCentral.

I dont think this is a problem with tvseries, but most likely the bierdopje.com site or implementation for that downloader in subtitledownloader.dll. I dont know much about that library to be honest so im not sure.

I tried downloading subs for Hawaii Five-0 using SubCentral and it works for SubScene and it doesnt work for bierdopje.com.

Idd, but the Dev's from SubtitleDownloader told me the problem was not theirs but MP-TVseries or SubCentral (but I don't use SubCentral) , because they say it uses MP-TVseries to make the search string.
    And the Dev's of Bierdopje.com told me they received this API code:

GET /XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/FindShowByName/hawaii_five0_2010​

So as you see it misses the dash between "five" and "0".

So if you think this is really a problem in SubDownloader, I will ask them again.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: Subtitles for HAWAII FIVE-0 not downloaded in MP (with MP-TVSeries/SubDownloader

I will take a look what happens for the dash in SubCentral/SubtitleDownloader since it seems that the serie name is correct (with dash) in TVSeries.

EDIT: This is a problem in Bierdopje API library that SubtitleDownloader uses. It only allows alphanumeric characters and "_" in the query string so this needs to be fixed.

J-J

Portal Member
    September 6, 2010
    Antwerp
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: Subtitles for HAWAII FIVE-0 not downloaded in MP (with MP-TVSeries/SubDownloader

OK, thanks for all your help, I contacted the Bierdopje.com Dev's and hope they'll fix it!

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

OK, thanks for all your help, I contacted the Bierdopje.com Dev's and hope they'll fix it!

Actually the problem is in the API code (not on their servers but in the C# library which is used as client), I have the source code for the API so I can fix this on my own.

J-J

Portal Member
    September 6, 2010
    Antwerp
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

J-J

Portal Member
    September 6, 2010
    Antwerp
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: Subtitles HAWAII FIVE-0 Fixed in SubDownloader 2.4 but new issues found.

I just tried MP again (with SubtitleDowloader 2.4) and it was possible to retrieve subs for Hawaii Five-0 (2010) from Bierdopje.com.
    However it broke the link for some other shows. For the moment I only had problems with Lie To Me and Bones.

Other users had the same issue:
    I looks like the latest version broke Bierdopje support a bit... It seems like that fix u did to make it find Hawaii Five-O broke search for a couple of series. Criminal Minds is one of them, I tested it - didn't find any subtitles with 2.4 or 2.4.1, but with 2.3 it did. I haven't tested any more, but there must be more. Back to 2.3 I guess.

Here's my log: Log file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom