[fixed] Subtitles .idx & .sub issue (1 Viewer)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 BETA
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
    Windows Version: 7
    Video Card: ATI 4650
    Video Card Driver: Latest ATI
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Lav Audio
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink 9

Hello there.

First i would like to thank the team and the community for the great work they have done.

And now lets move on to the issue.

I rip all my bluray discs to .m2ts containers and the .pgs subtitles are then exported (by using TsMuxer & BDSup2Sub) to .idx & .sub format and placed in the same directory with the .m2ts movie file.

Till 1.2 beta all my movies were working perfectly BUT since i upgraded to 1.2b the .idx & .sub combo doesn't work anymore.

When i play a movie MP does correctly recognize that subtitles are present and also does show the correct language in the context menu BUT when i select the subtitles nothing happens. It simply doesn't show anything.

I did try it later with .srt and it does work with .srt.

It is quite simple to reproduce just download the .idx & .sub file attached and try to play an .m2ts file while having those subtitle files in the same folder. (it goes without saying that u should rename the .idx & .sub to give it the same file name with the movie file)

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance.

Attachments

• subtitles.rar
      1.2 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Just trying, i have add your subtitle files with 00002.m2ts and subtitle English show up.
    Look at the screenshot.
    Can you retry :) ?
    Seb.

Attachments

• Subtitle_idx_MPC-HC_M2TS.jpg
      Subtitle_idx_MPC-HC_M2TS.jpg
      189.8 KB
    • Subtitle_idx_MPC-HC_M2TS-2.jpg
      Subtitle_idx_MPC-HC_M2TS-2.jpg
      200.8 KB
    • Subtitle_idx_MPC-HC_M2TS-Config.jpg
      Subtitle_idx_MPC-HC_M2TS-Config.jpg
      88.9 KB

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello Sebastiii please try without the AutoLoad option.

Thanx for ur reply.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Yes confirmed with AutoLoad option to OFF, subtitle are not display for idx/sub.
    Thanks for reporting.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    You are welcome.

Waiting patiently for a fix :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Would like to explain how it's work.

Subtitle based idx/sub are mixed with forced and no forced flag.
    So when we setup Autloload Subtitle to OFF (that validate To display Forced Flag Subtitle only), on idx/sub, we didn't see any subtitle until the part of subtitle that contain the forced flag.
    So to summarize, it's a normal behaviour.

Based on your sample, all subtitle part didn't contain Forced Flag, so no subtitle can be displayed.
    If we want all sub, we need to set Autoload Subtitle to ON.

The thing is that it only happen with idx/sub because it was a muxed full/forced subtitle in single stream.

With cpp2005, we was thinking to add on option on OSD that trigger it (For example : Show FullSub (only for idx/sub) in subtible sub menu "Y" key) but it's a feature and not sure if it's really necessary.

Thanks,
    Seb.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Yes but what happens IF the idx/sub is not a Forced Sub and it is just a simple subtitle file?

And i don't want to Auto Load it?

Cause as far as i know idx/sub can be non Forced Subs too.

And user should still have the option to auto load them or not.

Scenario:

I have a movie and i don't know what subs i do have for it, so i load the movie and i want to check which subs are present for this movie (so till now i don't want them to auto load) and i see that i have Eng, Rus, and Gr and then i decide to load Gr.

Well in this case with the current way it will not work :) Cause you will need to check the Auto Load which as a result will load a sub that maybe u don't want to use :)

IMO "Auto Load" should mean exactly what it says "Auto Load" :) no matter the type of the subtitle (Forced , Non Forced, .srt, idx/sub) and there should be an option added for Forced and Non Forced.

That would be an extra option affecting only Forced or Non Forced subtitles.

On the other hand i am not a developer and maybe what i write/suggest is stupid, but the way i see it, it is more practical and less user confusing.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

There is an internal discussion about that (not about idx/sub subtitle) but the way before autoload sub was managed. (when Forced Flag was added in earlier stage of 1.2.0, first commit).
    Before when autoload to OFF, we don't have the possibility to switch between subtitle, only the track with Forced flag was available.
    We decide to even if Autoload is OFF, Forced Flag was selected by default (for foreign language) but if user want to see any other subtitle it was possible. (a second commit was be made for this)
    It's working like this now, because Forced subtitle stream was different from Full subtitle Stream (we have 2 subtitles stream one with Forced Flag and the second for Full sub).

The problem with idx/sub is that the subtitle forced is mixed with the full subtitle :
    For example : imagine a idx/sub files with 3 subs :
    1st : has no forced flag
    2nd : is flaged with Forced Flag
    3rd : has no forced flag

When Autoload is OFF (means don't want subs except for foreign language based on prefered language)
    We will see as subtitle only the second one.

When Autoload is ON (means want to load full subtitle based on prefered language too)
    We will see all 3 subtitles.

Do you follow the logic ?
    In the wiki the Autoload subtitle function is explain.

So :
    If we want to see full subtitle and all available subtitle, we should set Autoload Subtitles to ON. If we don't want to display subtitle we need to switch to subtitle OFF in OSD.
    If we don't want to see full subtitle but only Forced one we should set Autoload Subtitles to OFF. If we don't want to display subtitle (i.e forced subtitle) we need switch to subtitle OFF in OSD.

What i want to say that it's working like it should, but i agree, that it would be nice when looking movie (if Autoload OFF -> only forced sub available) to have an option to trigger the display (in live) of all subtitle because actually we need to close MP and set Autoload to ON).
    When discuting in internal team about the choice to do, i have started to put an option for forced or no forced subtitle.
    All this discusion to say that it happen only with idx/sub because subtitle are mixedin the same track.

Yes but what happens IF the idx/sub is not a Forced Sub and it is just a simple subtitle file?
    And i don't want to Auto Load it?

so actually we have to select autoload to ON because idx/sub are mixed subtitle.

Scenario:
    I have a movie and i don't know what subs i do have for it, so i load the movie and i want to check which subs are present for this movie (so till now i don't want them to auto load) and i see that i have Eng, Rus, and Gr and then i decide to load Gr.
    Well in this case with the current way it will not work Cause you will need to check the Auto Load which as a result will load a sub that maybe u don't want to use

Well i understand and this occurs only with idx/sub because the explanation above :)
    My idea was to add an option in MP (in OSD) to enable (when watching movies) Full or only Forced subtitle (only working for idx/sub).
    If eventually accepted by the team, it will not be added in 1.2.0RC but surely in 1.3.0 version.
    Thanks,
    Seb.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Well although i do understand the way it is working i don't find it practical (and this is just my opinion).

Auto Load should mean what it says, for both forced or non forced.

When Auto Load is OFF there should be NO subtitle loaded, including Forced. Of course the user should be able to load them later BUT manually.

Now, may i suggest adding a sub option under configuration for Forced/Non Forced?

Are we able to check if the idx/sub is a forced or a non forced one? If yes then is it possible to go this way:

Auto Load OFF---> Check if idx/sub is forced or not---> if it is forced then show it under OSD as exp. Eng (Forced), if not then show it as Eng. And do not Auto load any sub.

Auto Load ON---> Check if idx/sub is forced or not---> if it is forced then show it under OSD as exp. Eng (Forced), if not then show it as Eng. And Auto load subtitle based on user language preference.

Is this doable? Or am i asking too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom