Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have a very strange "effect": Without changing anything (if I don't have a blackout today) Audio output of TV via hdmi is extremly silent! :mad: :mad: :mad:

If I test it with realtek Software it's fine. Changing output of TV to a analog device, soundlevel is fine, too.

I reinstalled MP but nothing changed and I'm nearly getting mad... (and my wife begins to hate the htpc again...)

Has anybody an idea what went wrong?

Thanks allot!

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Did you try another audio decoder? PowerDVD does some strange things sometimes.

If you record a TV show and watch outside of MP with another player like MPC-HC for example, is the sound level OK?

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you try another audio decoder? PowerDVD does some strange things sometimes.

If you record a TV show and watch outside of MP with another player like MPC-HC for example, is the sound level OK?

Yes, if I watch a recording within Win Mediaplayer, everything is fine!

Only with MP it's reduced to very low level (not gone!), to hear something I have to set the soundlevel of TV to ~80% (before ~ 16%).

And the worst thing is: I did made a fresh install of win 7 64bit and it happened today again: Sound of TV is low! I only did two changes: Instal PowerDVD 8 & TotalMedia Theater. Maybe I will go back to the point before I installed them (but don't think this is the reason, because at the "old" installation bothe where installed for weeks and it did fine).

Frustrating...

UPDATE:
    Sounds very stupid, but it looks like sound level was reduced to zero within MP. But I'm very sure I checked that, only thing I did before was to used the "=" Button and now I took "+".
    Also I use only a Harmony remote and did not map the sound control of MP to any Button (just TV and Amplifier).

So I'm still can't reproduce, how the sound was reduced...

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Maybe you hit the - key on your keyboard by mistake?
    That's happened to me once: kept it pressed by mistake when holding the wireless keyboard in my hand when nothing was playing, then wondered why sound was gone as my Harmony also only modifies the volume on my receiver and nowhere else. :)
    (but as I'm using XP, volume changes modify the system volume so I quickly found out; it seems with Vista/7 when you modify the volume in an application it only changes in that application and not system-wide so it's tricky)

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    A HDMI cable problem, do you have a dog ? :D

Seriously, I had a bug like this in ac3filter, go to mixer setting and modify settings, just to see.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A HDMI cable problem, do you have a dog ? :D

Seriously, I had a bug like this in ac3filter, go to mixer setting and modify settings, just to see.

:p no, not jet...

But with windows sound was fine, so it wasn't surly a hardwareproblem. It was only with watching TV.

Actualy it's ok and I hope will stay so! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom