Suggestion: Allow skinners to control which facade views are available (1 Viewer)

aj1405

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
In Black & White 1080 which is primary a point and click skin there is no sense of having the filmstrip and cover flow views. I would like to only have list and icons (only small). There should be an option for us to select which facade views to show.

For Example the skin engine omits views based on “missing” controls:

<control>
<type>group</type>
<control>
<type>facadeview</type>
<id>50</id>
<control>
<type>listcontrol</type>
<id>50</id>
</control>
<control>
<type>thumbnailpanelsmall</type>
<id>50</id>
</control>
</control>
</control>

J

joostzilla

In Black & White 1080 which is primary a point and click skin there is no sense of having the filmstrip and cover flow views. I would like to only have list and icons (only small). There should be an option for us to select which facade views to show.

For Example the skin engine omits views based on “missing” controls:

<control>
<type>group</type>
<control>
<type>facadeview</type>
<id>50</id>
<control>
<type>listcontrol</type>
<id>50</id>
</control>
<control>
<type>thumbnailpanelsmall</type>
<id>50</id>
</control>
</control>
</control>

I agree. Users (not only skinners) should be able to enable/disable views in the settings section. That will prevent the annoying swapping of views which will never be used by that specific user.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Even though you are requesting two different things here, I kinda agree wity you both. I do however think that doing both would not be very userfriendly (imagine if config is setted to two view types active only, both which are not included in skin...).

Therefor I think skin-limiting is best. Further limiting (by user) could be done inside a skin plugin, like so many skins have today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom