Suggestion: Context Menu: Play movie in external player (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

I love moving pictures, very east to use. Most of my movies play fine using the internal player. However there are a few movies that don't play well using the internal player. It would be great if there was a context menu item to play the movie in an external player, with the command line parameters to the external player setup within the moving pictures configuration.

Issue 512 - moving-pictures - External player via context menu - Project Hosting on Google Code

Mike

PS - I know that mediaportal can use external player for videos by default if enabled in MP Config. What I am asking is slightly different.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Honestly I think you are asking for a feature request to work around an issue with your system configuration. If you can't play some media files you probably do not have your codecs configured properly. Additionally I think this would just clutter up the UI or at least the config UI with needless options for most people who have their system setup properly. Sorry, but I don't think we will be taking action on this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom