Suggestion for plugins and skins (1 Viewer)

nabicat

April 3, 2005
Hello MP folks.
I've been away for a year or so and came back to see how the project was progressing.
After installing 0.2.10 I have to say that the work the developers have put in has really raised the bar on other HTPC application. MP really looks great and has some awesome functionality!

I have one small suggestion for the site layout. After installing the snapshot, I found that some of the plugins and skins I installed either behave erratically or didn't behave at all. After some digging it turned out that many of these plugins and skins simply didn't work with eithe 0.2.10 or /and SVN builds.

Suggestion is to either categorize by version or have at least a field in the up-front description that identifies which versions the plugin is certified to work in.

Cheers
Nick

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
That's something that has been suggested before. I think you are right. Like I said in the other topic (that I can't find), I think there should be a download section with versions that are compatible with the latest SVN, and a section for the latest stable release.
Some new MP users will stop using it out of frustration like it is now. That's a shame.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installing 0.2.1 there shouldn't be any other skins than B2 and B2 wide in your folder. If you do not get a skin warning when starting MP although a skin is not compatible please report that skin to me.

P.S.: skins get boring - like visualizations do ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom