Suggestion - Linking Movies (1 Viewer)

jsimmons

Portal Pro
December 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have some movies that are two-sided discs (Dances With Wolves and Amadeus come immediately to mind). I've tried merging the two sides of the discs into a single ISO, but haven't found a way to do it successfully. I don't want to compress the videos, and that's the only way I can merge them because no software I've found allows you to create a single merged iso file larger than 8gb.

So, I think it would be nice to have the ability to link one movie to another (akin to a play-list) so that playing side A of a two-sided movie would automatically load/play the specified side B, thus providing an interventionless viewing experience.

Additionally, this kind of feature could be used to play an unlimited series of movies (like all of the Star Trek movies) one after another with a user-specific intermission period between videos (giving the audience a chance to refresh their snacks, visit the facilities, etc).

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I have some movies that are two-sided discs (Dances With Wolves and Amadeus come immediately to mind). I've tried merging the two sides of the discs into a single ISO, but haven't found a way to do it successfully. I don't want to compress the videos, and that's the only way I can merge them because no software I've found allows you to create a single merged iso file larger than 8gb.

DVD Shrink allows you to set a custom size for your iso file .
    I have used DVD Shrink co combine several dual disc / dual sided movies into a single iso image .

I have also used it to create VIDEO_TS folders containing the extended versions of The Lord of the Rings .
    Each movie folder contains both discs from the movie , and MediaPortal plays them perfectly .

Dances With Wolves would not play when combined into a single iso file , but plays perfectly when combined into VIDEO_TS folders ( the VIDEO_TS folder has just over 11GB worth of files , main movie only )

So, I think it would be nice to have the ability to link one movie to another (akin to a play-list) so that playing side A of a two-sided movie would automatically load/play the specified side B, thus providing an interventionless viewing experience.

If you have two files for a movie (whatever the file type , iso , mkv , mpeg etc ), Dances with wolves for example , name them as follows -
    Dances with Wolves - part 1
    Dances with Wolves - part 2

Moving Pictures imports the movie as a two part , and plays part one , and when it's over ,will play the second part automatically .

Hope this helps .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom