suggestion w/ automatically adding title (1 Viewer)

r8td

Portal Pro
June 16, 2006
Instead of simply choosing the top choice, is it possible to have it check the list it searches for and compare it to the current tv-series in the database and automatically if they both match.

For example: If it finds a new episode of house, but it does not match exactly, and I already have the series house in the database, even if house is not at the top of the list, automatically add it to that series.

Also is it possible to have the prompt not come up while playing a video? I know this may be hard to do.

-evan

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah a sort of an extra "local reference" database for already indexed shows, where it looks it up first then if in that database there is only one match use that.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Instead of simply choosing the top choice, is it possible to have it check the list it searches for and compare it to the current tv-series in the database and automatically if they both match.

For example: If it finds a new episode of house, but it does not match exactly, and I already have the series house in the database, even if house is not at the top of the list, automatically add it to that series.

Also is it possible to have the prompt not come up while playing a video? I know this may be hard to do.

-evan

Bit of a late reply, but doesn't it do that?
    If you have House.1x01.avi it will prompt you for house and can choose which series it is (or not, depending on your settings since this should be a perfect match with the online db).
    If you later add House.1x02.avi it should pick up automatically on everything, you should NOT get a prompt.

Or am I missunderstanding you?

r8td

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2006
    Thank you for your response

Your logic works well, but not all episodes are labeled House s01e02, etc... sometimes there are slight variances in the names and this is where the problems arise. My suggestion is when there is a variance and instead of having the program prompt me for a series-have it compare it to the list i have in the database , and the list it searched. If it is already on the database automatically add it. (does this make sense?)

It is not a problem with the program, but a way to improve the addition of new episodes to the series. I understand this can cause problems if there are two tv series which are similar in name.

-Evan

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hmm, so you mean one is called House and one Huose or something? ;-)

Well, apart from the obvious blabber that I want to spare you (you should name your files correctly and consistently blabla) yes this can cause problems with similar series. Potentially a user definable max. Levenshtein distance could work, also for what is considered a "perfect" online match upon first lookup, but we'll see.

r8td

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2006
    House may not have been the best example to use, since it is pretty basic. It isn't spelled wrong, most of the time it is something as simple as a capital letter, or even an article such as "the" or "a" is omitted (ie the sopranos). 90% percent of the time this plug-in works great and that is something I can live with. Thank you for your commitment to this project it is the best plug in for Media Portal.

-Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom