Suggestions (1 Viewer)

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
Please post in this thread, any suggestion or improvement idea.
:D

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    is it possible to execute an external command like a batch file after installing, and do the same after un-installing?

If not can this be implemented ?

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    is it possible to execute an external command like a batch file after installing, and do the same after un-installing?

If not can this be implemented ?

I think solve yours problem, with a small plugin file. I add support for plugins, see wiki

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK thank you,

Now for some advanced features: :)
    Can I read the config of the installed MP and changes settings or use info of the config

Example 1: Read path of video shares and add files to that path
    Example 2: Read settings and change settings ?

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    For reading some information from config:
    Ex.: Read all share information : (you may find more MovieShares.cs)

Code:
    using (MediaPortal.Profile.Settings xmlreader = new MediaPortal.Profile.Settings(Config.GetFile(Config.Dir.Config, "MediaPortal.xml")))
    {
       string defaultShare = xmlreader.GetValueAsString("movies", "default", "");
            for (int index = 0; index < 20; index++)
            {
              string shareName = String.Format("sharename{0}", index);
              string sharePath = String.Format("sharepath{0}", index);
              string sharePin = String.Format("pincode{0}", index);

string shareType = String.Format("sharetype{0}", index);
              string shareServer = String.Format("shareserver{0}", index);
              string shareLogin = String.Format("sharelogin{0}", index);
              string sharePwd = String.Format("sharepassword{0}", index);
              string sharePort = String.Format("shareport{0}", index);
              string shareRemotePath = String.Format("shareremotepath{0}", index);
              string shareViewPath = String.Format("shareview{0}", index);

string shareNameData = xmlreader.GetValueAsString("movies", shareName, "");
              string sharePathData = xmlreader.GetValueAsString("movies", sharePath, "");
              string sharePinData = MediaPortal.Util.Utils.DecryptPin(xmlreader.GetValueAsString("movies", sharePin, ""));
             }
    }

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    dukus,
    I really like the idea and once I got the hang of package creation, it's much easier than having to write a long how-to of where to put all of the files. One problem though, when you click install from within the plugins/mpinstaller screen in MP setup, it doesn't automatically choose the file type MPI. In the filename box it shows "openFileDialog1" with no file type specified.

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    i not forgot, but not really tested with a skin installation, but somebody can confirm it is work we may add.

Users who are viewing this thread