Support for ATSC cards (1 Viewer)

W

warmonked

I searched the feature requests board and was surprised to see no one has mentioned this. I think support for the Fusion, ATI and A180 HDTV cards would be extremely nifty.

W

warmonked

I think they're discussing DVB tuning. But I dunno how related that is to ATSC tuning.

PLeblanc

Portal Member
February 10, 2005
That's a good point. However, as you probably know, it's been announced that there is support for some ATSC cards in Media Portal now, and there'll be even more on July 1st when .1.3 is released.

O

oliverredfox

Over the air ATSC is working well on the current CVS build for me with my Fusion3-T. Now all it needs is be able to support QAM decoding with it. (If there's anything I can do to help add QAM support, I'll do it)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Details about the Fusion:...

QAM decoding is under development due to the variations in Cable service providers. QAM256 generally has been reported to work, although QAM64 still poses problems with the decoding software. FusionHDTV QAM decoding is limited to only the non-encrypted channels available (generally the OTA local stations).

The ATSC implementation to date is OTA focused.
    If you have the abilities to program in C# and then ability to make MP cable aware for ATSC then by all means download the source files and submit the patched files to Frodo to look at.

DMAN

Ad-Rok

July 9, 2005
    dman_lfc said:
    Details about the Fusion:...

QAM decoding is under development due to the variations in Cable service providers. QAM256 generally has been reported to work, although QAM64 still poses problems with the decoding software. FusionHDTV QAM decoding is limited to only the non-encrypted channels available (generally the OTA local stations).

The ATSC implementation to date is OTA focused.
    If you have the abilities to program in C# and then ability to make MP cable aware for ATSC then by all means download the source files and submit the patched files to Frodo to look at.

DMAN

Hi Dman/Frodo,

I'm an AVSForum member newly introduced to your excellent app. It has come a long way and looks to be improving rapidly all the time; congrats to you, Frodo and the entire community.

Wonder if you might help me. I searched Wiki, FAQ's and forums but still can't find a proper answer: do people have 256QAM tuning working with MP yet? Is there a build which would allow me to use the Zap2It-fed EPG with a FusionHDTV 5 Gold (BDA drivers) for QAM256 tuning? Has anyone made this work? Are there plans in the CVS to make this work?

I'm assuming there are no plans to interoperate with the hardware-based (non-BDA drivers) MyHD 120/130 series of cards. If there is any current or planned interoperability with MP, please let me know, as I would be very interested in this as well.

Many thanks in advance for your guidance.
    -Adam

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ad-Rok,

Try your FusionHDTV 5 Gold with the latest SVN build of TVServer.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread