Support for .cue-files in Music Player (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you have a whole album ripped into mp3 as only 1 file with a .cue file with it, it would be really cool if MediaPortal could display the song/artist-info from the .cue file, as well as letting you jump from "track" to "track" as if the album was on a cd. I haven't seen any other app supporting this yet, so it would be a first.

Emph

hanoota

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PUSH

i think it should be easy to code it.
    in the cue there are the single tracks listed (with index) of the mp3-file, so that just have to be a graphical output for playing the mp3file with these index.
    would be a great improvement for mp.

hanoota

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Started on: 2007-07-26
    last update: 2008-01-02

Summary:
    cue-sheet support for media-files (mp3,flac and wav)

Area:
    It is not fixing any problems, but it is a new "little" feature for the current music-player

Description:
    cue files are often used for images. but there are also cue-sheets for music-files.
    it is often used to handle the breaks or skips that result from ripping albums.
    the whole album is compiled to a single file. cue-sheets are now used to control this single files.
    In the basic it contains the performer,the title and the index of the tracks of the file.
    for example:

PERFORMER "MediaPortal"
    TITLE "Example of cuesheets"
    FILE "example_cue_sheets.mp3" MP3

TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Song One"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Song Two"
    INDEX 01 02:10:50

So Track1 with the title "Song One" starts at 00:00:00 and Track2 with the title "Song Two" starts at 02:10:50.
    It is very simple, but of course there are some more features and commands (e.g. look here http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/cdburnadv4.html)
    I attached a example of an cue file.
    Mixtapes are often ripped as One-File with cue sheet because the made as a single track.

A cue support for MediaPortal would be very nice. A solution could be to open a cue file and MediaPortal add all Tracks in the Playlist (and this tracks are linked to the file with the respectivel index), like it is integrated in a plugin for winamp.

Attachments

• cue.jpg
      cue.jpg
      141.4 KB

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I too would like support for .cue files.

Im not sure how it would best be implemented though?, I mean, say if you got a cue file "Now hits 7862" (hehe), then you could possibly highlight that and then "open" it to see the containing tracks.

The other way to do it, (now forgive me, ive never used mp! so dont know how it works exactly) is that presumably there is an internal database for music containg artist / title etc..., when .cue files are added then all the data from the .cue file could be extracted and imported to the internal database. This way for example, you can still do a search for songs and it will find matches within the .cue file.

Just an idea.

mmorselli

November 17, 2007
    The other way to do it, (now forgive me, ive never used mp! so dont know how it works exactly) is that presumably there is an internal database for music containg artist / title etc..., when .cue files are added then all the data from the .cue file could be extracted and imported to the internal database. This way for example, you can still do a search for songs and it will find matches within the .cue file.

Is What foobar does with Library Function... And very well, IMHO ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom