Support for Elgato product (1 Viewer)

Nero60

Portal Member
April 27, 2016
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi all,

I'm using already for more than 10 years Mediaportal in combination with Twinhan DVB-T receiver, watching the FTA and scrambled programs as provided in Holland by Digitenne. Unfortunately there are no drivers for this card to upgrade to Win 7 or higher so I'm still using Win-XP.
Recently I bought a new HTPC together with an Elgato EyeTV One USB DVB-T receiver. With the Terratec Homecinema software everything is working fine. In Mediaportal I'm able to scan all TV channels, however; I'm only able watch the FTA Channels. For the scrambled channels I receive the message; "timeshifting not possible".

Has anyone a clue or hint how to resolve this?

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Hubert

I don't know much about your tuner, but I'd be happy to try and help get it working fully (including scrambled channels). :)

First, can you tell me: how do you connect the smartcard or CAM?
    All the pictures of the EyeTV One that I found online only show a small USB stick. I can't see any way to connect a CAM or smartcard to the tuner.

Second, can you please provide some log files:
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip/compress all the files in that folder.
    4. Attach ("upload a file") the zip file to your next reply.
    These log files will be needed in order to fully understand the situation. Without them, I won't be able to help you.

Regards,
    mm

Nero60

Portal Member
    April 27, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi mm,

great you want to help me out. You are right with your second response. Indeed, it has a slot for a cellphone SIM card size version of the smartcard. Even, the Dutch company, providing DVB-T (KPN) provides smardcard with the SIM card cut-out already prestamped.
    The Elgato package comes together with Terratec HomeCinema software. WIth this software I can receive also the scrambled channels.

I followed your instructions and the zip-file is attached. By the way, I noticed a difference between the TV-server comming with MP1 and MP2.

Thanks so far

Hubert
    --- Post updated ---
    mm,

have a look at the screenshots in; https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/elgato-eyetv-one-not-recognized-by-tv-server.134238

Attachments

• TVService-Error.zip
      542.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you for the log files and the confirmation about the smart card. :)

When I looked at the log files I was surprised. It seems that the last time TV Server detected the tuner was back in April. :confused:
    Is the tuner currently disconnected?
    ...or maybe the driver is not installed?

What I was really hoping to see in the log files is what happens when you attempt to view a scrambled channel... but actually I don't see any attempts to view any channels. No free channels; no scrambled channels.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I did. What are you expecting me to see?
    Please note my previous reply where I said I can only help with MP1. I can't help with MP2.

it was indeed a while ago when I gave up on my attempts...
    I restarted everything again and compilerd new logfiles... I attached them again
    That's perfect. (y)

The log files show:
    [2016-07-31 23:03:23,096] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find free card for channel RTL 4
    [2016-07-31 23:03:23,096] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find card for channel RTL 4
    [2016-07-31 23:03:23,096] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - Controller: got 1 tuning details for RTL 4
    [2016-07-31 23:03:23,096] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - Controller: channel #1 DVBT:tv:Digitenne RTL 4 Freq:698000 ONID:8720 TSID:2211 SID:11 PMT:0x3F2 FTA:False LCN:4 BandWidth:8
    [2016-07-31 23:03:23,096] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:1 type:RadioWebStream cannot tune to channel
    [2016-07-31 23:03:23,096] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:2 type:DvbIP cannot tune to channel
    [2016-07-31 23:03:23,096] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - Controller: card:5 type:DvbT channel is encrypted but card has no CAM
    [2016-07-31 23:03:23,096] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - Controller: found 0 card(s) for channel

In other words, TV Server doesn't even try to tune the channel because it doesn't know that the tuner can decrypt channels.
    I think the solution could be very simple: you need to tell TV Server that the tuner can decrypt channels. ;)
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the tuner list.
    3. Select your EyeTV One DVB-T tuner.
    4. Click edit.
    5. Tick "CAM enabled and present for this card".
    6. If you know the tuner/smartcard limit for the number of channels that can be descrambled simultaneously, set "this card can decode..." to the correct value. Otherwise you could leave it as zero and update it later.
    7. Click save.
    8. Close TV Server Configuration.
    Now you should be able to view scrambled channels.
    [edit: If not, please provide new log files...]

Last edited:

Nero60

Portal Member
    April 27, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi MM,

Sorry for responding so late. I have been extremely busy with work over the past weeks.

Well, I can tell you that your suggestion works. I put the tag as you proposed and the rescanned the channels. At least, that seemed necessary. So now I can receive both FTA and scrammbled channels for Dutch broadcasted DVB-T. Elgat EagleEye One can be added to the list of compatible TV-receivers.

Thanks for the support

Hubert

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom