Support for Futaba DM-140GINK DEMO (1 Viewer)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
With Mediaportal 1.0 RC4 the Minidisplay plugin replaced the ExternalDisplay plugin. But it does not support all display types that were supported by the old ExternalDisplay plugin, for example not the Futaba DM-140GINK DEMO (MSI_Media_Live, Hiper HMC-2K53A, FIC Spectra, ...).
It would be very nice if you would add support for the Futaba display to the Minidisplay plugin soon.:D

By the way: What are the main features / advantages of the new Minidisplay plugin compared to the ExternalDisplay? Is there a documentation?

Michael

wewes

March 23, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Futaba DM-140GINK

I was surprised too to see the old External Display plugin excluded in RC4. Is there any hope to include support for the Futaba DM-140GINK display in the actual CybrDisplay plugin for the final release 1 of MediaPortal? Alternatively, can I download the old External Display plugin as a separate package somewhere?

Many Thanks for your support!
Marco

Stardigger

Portal Member
November 11, 2008
I was surprised too to see the old External Display plugin excluded in RC4. Is there any hope to include support for the Futaba DM-140GINK display in the actual CybrDisplay plugin for the final release 1 of MediaPortal? Alternatively, can I download the old External Display plugin as a separate package somewhere?

Many Thanks for your support!
Marco
I would like to get it too, or i there any "workarround" to getthis display working?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Please try updating this dll in your installation folder and then select "LCDHYpe - Futaba" from MiniDisplay plugin. Report back if it's working...

Simone

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi chemelli,

thank you for your posting.

I replaced the futabavfd.dll in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\LCDDrivers" with the one supplied by you and selected "(LCDHype 04_22_2008) Futaba VFD Driver v0.2" in MiniDisplay - Setup. But the display does not work.

Michael

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thx for reporting.

The only solution is then to port old drivers to the new interface plugin. I can't promise anything as those days I'm really too busy for RL work...

Simone

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be great if you could integrate the old futuba drivers to your plugin.

By doing so you might correct two bugs in the ExternalDisplay's Fuataba code:
    Twe two lines of the display are displayed in the wrong order (lower line first) and the pixel coding for the letter "c" (lower case) needs some fixing.

Michael

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    It would be great if you could integrate the old futuba drivers to your plugin.

This is what I have done. Only a quick raw implementation, so please test it carefully and report back.
    It's a debug build so please copy in the same dir also the "pdb" file: will provide more info in case of issues...

By doing so you might correct two bugs in the ExternalDisplay's Fuataba code:
    Twe two lines of the display are displayed in the wrong order (lower line first) and the pixel coding for the letter "c" (lower case) needs some fixing.

Will fix them once is working

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom