Surround broken since SVN16125 (1 Viewer)

OleJ

Portal Pro
September 13, 2006
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hello!

Surround is broken. It works fine with 16122 and breaks by 16125. (And is still broken in 16135)
I'm running multi-channel via spdif (using MPA Codec) and the reciever sees the correct stream (it indicates X channels) but there's no audio. Only a few muffled cracks now and then.

Experienced when trying to play back certain DVDs that otherwise played fine with 16122. I've been taking a close look at the .vob files in Gspot and can't really seem to find any obvious explanation as both (one that won't and one that will play) are reported as AC3 48000Hz 3/2.1

Reinstalling 16122 fixes it again in MP and installing 16125 breaks it again. So something was changed that screwed up certain audio streams.

Please see if you can replicate.

Thank you.

Hmmm...
Looked at it with Graphedit. It goes:
DVD Navigator -> MPA Audio Decoder -> My Sound Card
and it's the same whether it plays (16122) the audio or not (16125).
Playing the vob with either PowerDVD or WMP everyhing is peachy.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Revision: 16124
    Author: abavarian
    Date: 20:21:53, Freitag, 5. Oktober 2007
    fixing DVD navigation didn#t work - thx to Eabin
    ----
    Modified : /trunk/mediaportal/Core/DShowNET/Helper/DirectShowUtil.cs
    Modified : /trunk/mediaportal/Core/DShowNET/Helper/Filters/FilterHelper.cs

i am quite sure that what you encounter is a side effect of this fix. :(

could you please try the build from today and report back?
    if it is still there we will have to find out why, because the DVD navigation fix seems to work. :)

*playing mikado again*

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Could you patch 16125 with the dshowhelper.dll from 16122. To see if it works.

Also - Have you enabled DXVA for DVD playback?

Regards

Mr Hipp

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Just tested with MPA here & it outputs to spdif as it should, so cant' confirm this one. Attach your mediaportal.log so we can check..

Regards
    Roy

OleJ

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2006
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Could you patch 16125 with the dshowhelper.dll from 16122. To see if it works.

Also - Have you enabled DXVA for DVD playback?

Regards

Mr Hipp

I have DXVA enabled. (It's not disabled - which is the option)

I've tried patching but apparently there's no change in dshowhelper.dll from 16122 to 16125. File size and date is the same.

OleJ

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2006
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    Just tested with MPA here & it outputs to spdif as it should, so cant' confirm this one. Attach your mediaportal.log so we can check..

Regards
    Roy

As mentioned it only refuses to output certain audio streams that I don't know how to differentiate from those that do work.
    It was mere coincidence that I happened to play one that didn't work.

I've looked through the logs and nothing seems faulty, but I've attached them anyways since you asked.

Now if someone can tell me how to cut a vob down in size I could do that and post a 10 second clip so you could test it out.
    Otherwise I would need some tools to analyse what files changed from 16122 to 16125 so I can copy the old versions back one at a time to see which one broke the puzzle.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ho,
    Your logs doesn't tell anything else then start MP wait & close. You need to start MP -> play the file you have trouble with -> stop it again & close MP then collect logs ;)

Regards
    Roy

OleJ

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2006
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ho,
    Your logs doesn't tell anything else then start MP wait & close. You need to start MP -> play the file you have trouble with -> stop it again & close MP then collect logs ;)

Regards
    Roy

Solved logging by telling MP to debug log again and instead of using home button to get to exit using back button... Another bug I guess that keeps MP from logging when exiting a certain way. Will deal with that later.

I've attached two logs one from 122 where it's working and the one from 125 where it's broken. The log indicates that no pins are connected correctly as of svn16125. You probably understand it better than I do ;)

I've unfortunately run out of time for now as I'm on my way on vacation but will be back in a weeks time and follow up.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom