Svideo input of M780 avermedia and sound (1 Viewer)

Mangavin

Portal Member
August 1, 2006
Quebec
Home Country
Canada Canada
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: RC2 + 1597
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Intel E6650
HDD: (WD 500 Go) x 2
Memory: 2 Go
Motherboard: Asus PKE/wifi
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Asus 7600Gs
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: SoundMax HDaudio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.1.6110
1. TV Card: Avermedia Combo M780
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: 2.5.0.14
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: GD01S-MXR
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Logitech 550
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi

I've got an Avermedia M780 TV turner. For the analog channel there is no problem. I've got good pictures and good sound. But for the svideo input the sound is very low. To low for watching TV.... I managed one time to have a good sound (not so loud than analog channel... but it was suffisant)... Now I put a fresh XP and no way to get it back.
Thank you

Mangavin

Portal Member
August 1, 2006
Quebec
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi

ok I found the solution. It was quit easy. I had to go in the set up of my soundcard. Then I went to the record set up to increase the mixing control volume.

Mangavin

Portal Member
August 1, 2006
Quebec
Home Country
Canada Canada
That's wrong... I install a new ghost of XP... Then I did the same set up and nothing...

I search a long time... And it seems to be the "normalize" option wich give me a correct sound... But the svideo sound is not as clear as for analog channels.

I will do some tests after.

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
This sounds like the same problem that the hauppauge cards had about 18 months ago....

The problem is that the audio is encoded into the mpeg file by the hardware encoder on the card... The windows sound recording system is not used... so by the time you are playing it back, it is too late to do any processing of it, which is why you get poor audio quality at volume levels that allow you to listen to it....

The root cause is the driver for the card... it does not apply the correct gain to the external audio signal to give the correct audio levels in the encoded mpeg stream...

Your only solution is to contact AverMedia Support and report the problem... and hope that they are responsive with driver fixes...

Regards,
CybrMage

Mangavin

Portal Member
August 1, 2006
Quebec
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi CybrMage (I do it a little... ;) ) Happy to see you :)

I've wrote yesterday to Avermedia they respond today

Hi,

Check your sound mixer and make sure the line in is selected and volume
turned
up.

Then I answered with this screen print

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
It's mind boggling how little the people who answer tech support email actually know about how their hardware works.

A card with a hardware encoder does not use the windows sound syste... period. The line input setting makes no difference to the card. You could have it set to record from a web cam microphone for all it cares...

If they keep on with this, insist on being escalated to the tech support department... someone who actually knows how the product works...

Mangavin

Portal Member
August 1, 2006
Quebec
Home Country
Canada Canada
You're wright CybrMage, I've already test the different controls. Then only wave control and master volume change de sound.

They reply in 10 minutes to the second message. Then I've tried another RCA cable (direct one) .... And with the normalize option I can have the same volume than analogic channel without noise this time. I wrote again and if there is no futher driver. I will be content with this solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom