SVN Installer kills Autostart of MP (2 Viewers)

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
After installing a SVN Snapshot the Autostart of MP doesn't work anymore.

The corresponding entry in the registry points to the MP temp folder:
"C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\temp\mediaportal.exe"

Also the start.bat is run from that temp folder. :confused:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Tested with MediaPortal-svn--12-04-2006--10-25-Rev12043.exe & it doesn't happen here. After update & after a reboot MP still starts as before.

Regards
    Roy

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps it is because I start the SVN-Installer from a network drive. The installer copies the files to the MP temp folder first. In a second step all files are moved to the normal location. The start.bat remains in the MP temp folder and is executed from there.

I didn't try Rev12043 yet. Perhaps someone fixed it already. ;)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    There isn't anything in the installer that should write to registry @ all, so it's somewhat weird ;)

Regards
    Roy

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here's what happens step by step:

1. Open Regedit
    2. Go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    3. Value for MediaPortal is: C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\mediaportal.exe
    4. Execute "MediaPortal-svn--12-04-2006--10-25-Rev12043.exe" from the network drive F:\
    5. Run command is still ok
    6. Check Run Configuration.exe and finish SVN-Installer
    7. Run command is still ok
    8. Close MP Config App with OK
    9. Run command was changed to: C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\temp\mediaportal.exe

So it seems to be a problem in the configuration app somehow. :mad:

I created a small batch file to correct the run command after installing a new svn:

Code:
    @echo off
    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "MediaPortal" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\mediaportal.exe" /f

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps line 175 in Configuration\Sections\General.cs is causing this problem:

Code:
    string fileName = String.Format("\"{0}\"", System.IO.Path.GetFullPath("mediaportal.exe"));

:confused:

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I had this too (also installing SVN from network drive), but get around it by not running configuration.exe as part of SVN installation process, i.e. finish SVN installation and then run configuration.exe separately. I also had other issues as part of the same autostart problem: MP forgot about the LAME DLL, all my refreshratecontrol plugin settings were gone and also my audioscrobbler settings would be reset. It could well be that those latter issues are not related and are fixed, but what I do know is that since I've stopped running configuration.exe as part of the SVN installation process all these issues are gone.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps line 175 in Configuration\Sections\General.cs is causing this problem:

Code:
    string fileName = String.Format("\"{0}\"", System.IO.Path.GetFullPath("mediaportal.exe"));

:confused:
    I had a look on that line again. Here are my results. Please have a look at it.

result = "C:\Programme\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\temp\mediaportal.exe"

string fileName = String.Format("\"{0}\\mediaportal.exe\"", System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(Application.StartupPath));
    result = "C:\Programme\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\mediaportal.exe"

I think the problem is caused because teh SVN Installer copies the files from the mp temp folder to the correct folders. Afterwards the config app is started by the installer from that temp folder. The error occurs since 2 or 3 weeks. Before the SVN Installer didn't use a temp folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom