swiss/german iptv in sweden?

Discussion in 'TV-Server Plugins' started by snorredick, September 17, 2009.

1. snorredick

snorredick Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    hey

my gf just moved in with me from switzerland so now i thought id see if theres any way of getting swiss or german channels through iptv or are all providers locked to there own networks? would make her day if i could make it work :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CHli

CHli Portal Pro

Embedded Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    We have to make a deal. Since you stole a swiss woman you have to send a swedish woman to switzerland :)

More seriously :

True IPTV (by that I mean Live TV streaming over UDP/RTP in SD or HD) is not even available in Switzerland (apart from Bluewin TV but they use DRM that prevents getting the streams on a PC so it's a no-go anyway).

But it is possible to get Live Web-TV by using Zattoo or Wilmaa (I don't know if they are available in Sweden). You can also access most of the TV shows on the swiss tv's website. (Schweizer Fernsehen: SF Videoportal)

The best solution is probably satellite :

DVB-S Programme

You can get all the Swiss national channels for a one time fee of 60 CHF. (you need to prove that you're swiss but that's ok if your GF is, or we could arrange something that I get one for you.) But you also need the required hardware (satellite antenna + receiver)

4. snorredick

snorredick Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    meh swiss tv is poo then :) how about german tv? she mostly used to watch prosieben anyway i think :) and a satelite aint possible in my current flat :( otherwise i would have gone for that :(

either way thanks for the tips, il try those apps asap :) and you cant have any of my women :p

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!