Switch to projector output via remote control

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Brainscanner, September 1, 2008.

1. Brainscanner

Brainscanner Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everybody, I've scanned through this forum, but wasn't able to find any similar postings.

Until now I have used MediaPortal on Windows XP with a regular TFT monitor. That works fine.

In addition I've gotten myself a projector for some special video impressions :)
    I'm afraid I'm not completely able to use it yet because a cable that is long enough is still being shipped :-(

Anyway... my actual question:
    From my laptop I'm used that there's a hotkey (usually FN + F4) that let's you switch from regular TFT display to the VGA/DVI output (usually connected to a projector) or both at the same time. Does anyone know of a way I could do this on a non-laptop? It would be even greater if I could somehow use my remote control to execute this "button press".

Installed is a cheap, but not-that-old nvidia display adapter. But I haven't found anything in the driver control, yet.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!