switch view in moving-pictures (1 Viewer)

amirp

Portal Member
November 8, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi,

I install moving-pictures and i wonder how can i switch to view by years or genre (like in the build in my video)

ridderdk

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
You cannot! I think it's scheduled to be possible in release 0.7.0
It must be difficult to implement, because in my world anyway, it's a must.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah we realize this is a highly desired feature. We just want to do it right, so yeah it is going to take some time to implement properly. Doing filtering and search I think is almost as important to do right as it was to do the importer right. So it's coming soon, just not quite yet. I think we are going to do a 0.6.5 release and then move on to 0.7 which will focus on the filters system.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I've seen this asked lots of times before as everyone else has, but I realised that the answer isn't actually going to help me as I thought it would.

With over 1000 movies in my collection, I need to sort (not filter) so that they're displayed newest-first. Since this isn't filtering or searching, I'm now wondering whether this functionality already exists and I've simply missed it.

How does everyone else cope when the add a new movie to their large collection currently? Using the down arrow isn't really practical, and if you can't happen to remember the title of the movies you've recently added, you can't jump there, either by numeric pad.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    well, I'm using the unwatched filter at this moment.
    Having this set in the Db it saves a lot of scrolling.
    Before that I was using "page down" in stead of "line down" to scroll faster. Still I did know what to look for.

I believe that sorting will be part of the filter implementation. Sort by year, by genre, by added since <enter configurable date (number of days) here>.

Users who are viewing this thread