Sydney MP users - HELP! (1 Viewer)

craigparris1

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
Hi guys,

I know this is not specifically a MediaPortal problem, but I'm really hoping someone will be able to help me. I'm in Sydney (Penrith to be exact) and it seems like for the last couple of months the reception for Ten Digital has just got worse and worse.

However - I have an old set-top box in my back room, and also a copy of WinFast PVR2 on my HTPC, and both of those have about 5 or 6 "10 Digital" channels listed ... and on both of them, there's one channel that works fine and the rest don't tune at all. On my MP box, though, when I scan for channels on the Ten transponder, I only get one channel found, and while it does tune, it very frequently locks up or is constantly stuttering.

My biggest problem is that on either the old set-top box, or WinFast PVR2, I don't have any way that I can see what the tuning settings are for the channel that's working. I did some searching on the web and found a couple of old lists of tuning details for Ten Digital from several years ago, but none of those settings make a watchable channel within MediaPortal.

Does anyone in the Sydney area (particularly Western Sydney) have manual tuning details for Ten Digital that actually tunes, and gets a good, solid signal?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok thats a strange one

i live in melbourne and get all the tv channels in MP that my tv's inbuild tuner can get

what version of MP, vista/xp/win7/card/driver/./........

cant really help if u dont fill out a bug report with logs

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i'm on the north shore, and no problems with 10. you shouldn't have that many channel 10's though... have you tried deleting all of your channels in config, then rescanning?

dh.

zanlation

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Home Country
    I am in Leura (Blue Mountains) and have no problems with Sydney's Channel 10. Has your aerial moved at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom