Sync subtitles while watching (1 Viewer)

Drimincus

Portal Member
March 8, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I've been using mediaportal for a few months now and I really like it.
However I still find myself watching loads of video's with either VLC or GOM player because I can't seem to find a way to synchronize subtitles from .srt files with the video I'm watching, while watching.
I watch a lot of series and its really hard to find well synced subtitles for those, so I prefer to just adjust the subtitles while I'm watching.
Is this unsupported? If yes: I would really like to see such a feature.
If it is supported I'd (obviously) like to hear how to do it.

[edit]come to think of it, is this the right forum to post? if not: feel free to move this thread[/edit]

Drimincus

Portal Member
March 8, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for the response!
However I cannot seem to find it in my OSD, I tried it on Blue3 Blue3wide and Black and White 1080 (on mediaportal 1.0.2.0)
I can, however, find a menu to select different subtitles, should I have more than 1 .srt file corresponding with my video file.
What skin should I be able to find it?
By the way: would it be possible to map it to some key on the MCE-remote, so I dont have to go into the OSD?

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I don't know what key is used on keyboard. You could look in configuration for this. I use the "info" button on my MCE remote.

Last question. Perhaps, havn't used this. I think it's easier to sync in subtitleworkshop or other programs.

bibo456

Portal Pro
July 22, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hi,

I had to switch to ffdshow for subtitles and have mapped my remote to be able to shift subtitles, via eventghost ffdshow plugin.
The only pb I have is that ffdshow doesn't handle tagged subtitles...
my 2cents
hope it helps.

If you have a better, let me know.

regards,

alex

bibo456

Portal Pro
July 22, 2008
Home Country
France France
I am happy for you :)
Could you tell us how you did this ?

PS : By the way, I solved my pb with tagged subtiles. It was only an option to tick in ffdshow configuration to use ssa tag in srt subtitles.

bibo
:D

Drimincus

Portal Member
March 8, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well, I told mediaportal to start using FFDshow as decoder. Turned off subtitles in mediaportal.
I turned on subtitles in ffdshow's video decoder config, and turned on remote control, so eventghost would work (found the solution to that here)
In eventghost I mapped the * as subtitle delay 500 and # as subtitle delay -500 in FFDshow (using the MCE remote plugin and the ffdshow plugin.)
I mostly use .srt subtitles and using the right filename (corresponding with the name of the video file) ffdshow automatically detects the subtitles and eventghost allowed me to sync the subtitles with my MCE remote.
So now I can just start up the computer sit on my couch and control everything with the remote. :D
I havent run into any problems uptill now.

It does take some time to get the hang of syncing the subtitles while watching, but now I got it, it really makes life easier. I dont have to go through lenghts finding the rightly-synced subtitle for everything I watch.

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well there' s (in my humble opinion) a much simpler way to do this, in mediaportal setup/general/keys and sound you can select at specifik button, and then define an action, such as subtitle delay minus og plus.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom