sync the channels in tvguide to mini epg (1 Viewer)

wardrobe

Portal Member
April 14, 2006
the mini epg shows all channels, although they have been trimmed from the tv guide

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not here it doesn't - the mini EPG and the main EPG display exactly the same sub-list of channels... :)

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I think maybe he asks something different.

Channels to not show in miniguide because they are not in the epg xml. Maybe he hasn't seen that those channels are also IN the full guide.

In this case you just need to remove them from the configuration (not the xml) or maybe put them in a different channel group.

If I got it wrong then as tai-pan says, miniepg and program guide do show the same list indeed.

wardrobe

Portal Member
    April 14, 2006
    ok i try to describe a bit better :)

there are some crappy channels on UK TV such as "ITV play"

from within the the configuration.exe i remove the Tick from Television->TV channels->ITV play etc

this removes the channel(s) from within The TVguide/channels, but the channel EPG data is still shown with the miniEPG.

hope this explains my "plight" a bit more, if not you have my permission to give me a goodf thrashing :)

damn i hate ITV play

benwatt

Portal Member
    January 23, 2006
    Yeah, I noticed the same problem. I have many of the Top Up TV channels unticked to avoid having them clog up my TV Guide. They shouldn't appear in the Mini EPG either, but they currently do.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't know if we are all talking about the same thing, but I have 25 TV channels listed in Configuration, but only 6 of them are "ticked", and only those 6 appear in both my main EPG and my mini EPG.

Maybe, the difference is that I also have the "non ticked" channels in a separate group - that could be why they don't appear in the mini EPG?

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It was a bug, MiniGuide did not evaluate the checkmarks in config.

Fixed in the next public SVN build.

benwatt

Portal Member
    January 23, 2006
    And I can confirm that the latest snapshot resolved the problem :)

Actually, it seems to have been a great weekend of bug fixes, the fixes affecting dropped tv signal seem to have resolved other related problems I had too ( https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?p=98705#98705 ).

Well done to the MediaPortal team :)

Edit: Actually, whilst you're in there, I just noticed that the zapping between channels via the bottom menu bar that comes up along the bottom of the screen whilst watching TV also shows channels that have been unticked.

Users who are viewing this thread