[confirm] - system immediatly suspends after resume

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC 1 & 2' started by kevin939, May 14, 2010.

1. kevin939

kevin939 Portal Pro

computer systems architect
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: rc4
    MediaPortal Skin: blue3 wide
    Windows Version: xp - sp3 fully patched
    CPU Type: intel 651
    HDD: samsung 1000G
    Memory: 1G pc3200
    Motherboard: ?
    Video Card: ati 4350
    Video Card Driver: 10.2
    Sound Card: realtek
    Sound Card AC3: ac3 realtek
    Sound Card Driver: latest
    1. TV Card: hauppauge nova-t-500
    1. TV Card Type: dvb-t
    1. TV Card Driver: latest
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec: cyberlink pd7
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: advent
    Cooling: fans
    Power Supply: 250W
    Remote: generic mCE compatible
    TV: panasonic 1080p plasma
    TV - HTPC Connection: dvi to hdmi

I have noticed this a few times now and reported it in another thread. Since I can recreate the problem I think it deserves its own thread.

MP runs up and is used. Leave it on the home screen and after the stipulated time the system hibernates. If I then wake the system the screen is blank (Windows bottom toolbar shows, mouse a pixel or two) nothing works (remote or keyboard). CTRL/ALT/DEL allows task manager to be run - MP not responding. Kill MP and in the case of the logs attached - the watchdog kicks in and captures the logs BUT the system is suspending.......Its only been up 2 minutes and the suspend time is set to 10 minutes. Logs no completely captured but subsequent restart completes the capture.

I have allowed the system to suspend and then immediately resumed it a number of times and it appears to work fine. The problem appears to be if after suspend the system resumes itself and then suspends again.

wow am I have trouble with 1.1RC2

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jameson_uk
    • Premium Supporter

jameson_uk Retired Team Member

Data Warehousing Consultant
    Ratings:
    +2,405 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Have always had a similar issue myself with XP SP3 and never been able to resolve. Are you saying that when you resume you have to kill MP and then the system goes to sleep (presumably in your case as soon as watchdog is finished collecting logs) ???

When you say you can re-create the problem do you mean you can replicate it when you want? I have the problem that is only happens sometimes

4. kevin939

kevin939 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    When I resume MP is not responding - the system is OK (remote access to discs works). If I kill MP then logs get collected (this may get interrupted) but the system immediate closes down.

I cannot guarantee to be able to recreate it but if I leave the system overnight it suspends, wakes up a couple of time - EPG grab etc. and if I then resume it and try to use MP it usually leaves MP "not responding".

I have reverted to MP 1.0 (but imaged the 1.1RC isntallation first so can revert). I tried to check the behaviour. It is similar in that on resume MP does not immediately burst into life but when it does it works fine.

I have a hauppauge T-500 card which I have trouble with (doesn't everybody?). I currently have the resume set to reinitialise the service and the wait for detecting tv cards to 45 seconds.

5. jameson_uk
    • Premium Supporter

jameson_uk Retired Team Member

Data Warehousing Consultant
    Ratings:
    +2,405 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    and you are not using the mini-display plugin are you? (could not see it in the logs but wanted to check)

6. kevin939

kevin939 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    No minidisplay - the htpc (Elonex advent) has one and I did get it working but disabled it a long time ago as I suspect problems.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!