[confirm] System.OutOfMemoryException while imdb grabbing (1 Viewer)

Razorblade

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

I've read the rules for reporting bugs but I could not find a way to start MediaPortal Config in a special debug mode, so I decided to post the output of the error I encountered.
So if this is wrong, feel free to delete this post.

This error occurs while grabbing infos from the imdb database. And it always happens - I tried this four times and everytime - after about 250 files - this error message appears. I have lots of series like "Two and a half men" Season 1-5 or "King of Queens" Season 1-9. So there are a lot of files to parse.

Please see the attached text file with the error message.

I already added more memory to my VM but this did not help. Memory usage is at about 50% when this error occurs.

Please let me know if I can do something to help.

Attachments

• memory_mp_110rc3_db_scan.txt
    30.7 KB

Razorblade

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Simone thanks for your reply.

I installed VMPlayer 3.x which supports Microsoft DX and D3D. (VirtualBox also supports D3D - but this is experimental)
Then I installed Windows 7 x64 and then MediaPortal RC3.

Bjoern

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
April 17, 2007
Home Country
I had the same error, I deleted the old database and that fixed it. (I didn't get logs of it when it happened, sorry Devs)

Razorblade

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
This is the log file of the config tool while grabbing.

The error messages are located somewhere in the middle of the log file.

BlueKalel

June 11, 2010
I'm having the same problem. It seems that the mnt.exe program starts to eat too much memory and causes a fault. Has anyone been able to fix this. I just "upgraded" from 1.1 RC1 to 1.1 RC4 and am now having the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

BlueKalel

June 11, 2010
For those who may have the same problem.

Well I found out how to fix my problem. If I turned off thumbnailer everything works. Since I don't use the thumbnailer no problems turning it off.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom